Tank Ornament Too Big?

onefish3

The 29 gal that I am STILL cycling (should be only one more week though) has a ornament in it that is about twelve inches across and 9 inches high. I am in the process of adopting two ranchus that are 4-5 inches long (according to the dealer).

Should I take out the ornament? I'm worried that there isn't enough room to go under it and not a whole lot of room over it. Should I just wait until I get my fish and see how they get around? :unsure:

What could I put in instead? A flower pot?

:idont

that's a pretty big ornament :blink: r u looking to replace the ornament with sumtin that the ranchu's can hide under? if not, the replace it with anything smaller :D plants are great, live or fake.

Yeah, I'd like to put something in there for them to hide under if they feel the urge.

I wonder if ranchus hide much?

I forgot to ask if anyone knows if taking the ornament out will affect the cycle (like slow it down-I've waited so long!)

onefish3, it should not effect your tank. It is a tank specific ornament and not just something you found to put in there correct?

I would say it is too big as well. While they like to hide and have things to explore, they need swimming room too. Any chance you have a picture?

I think that you should take that ornament out and save it for a different occasion and replace it with a smaller ornament like a rock pier and plants. My goldfish like swiming though the rock pier I have...but make sure it's one tha tis really smooth

I could take a picture but I don't know how to put it up on the computer, Laurie, and it was made specifically for fish tanks by Topfin.

What do you mean by a rock pier, Tazz? Is that something you make or buy?

Archived