Rest In Peace Chubby

Raith

:cry

dad found him bloated and floating this morning. he was lay to bury at 8:45AM this morning. now my biggest goldy is three inches since i lost chubby. >< if goldfish are bloated, does that mean they were overfed and thats how they died? :(

:cry

Bloat can occur before they die or after. How was the fish when you saw it last?

swimming well. my dad did feed him before turning lights off, maybe feeding before bedtime is bad?

thanks guys.

David feeding before bed shouldn't be a problem, did he over feed? Not that it would kill him, but the more info the better.

Since he was fine up until the night, I tend to think he bloated after he died. How are your other fish?

:( David,So sorry about Chubby.just as a precaution,keep an eye on your Params,and watch other fish for symptoms.Hopefully everyone else is okay. :exactly

Bloating can occur right before death or even after they die..its really hard to tell. Fish don't usually die of sbd alone, it could have been a symptom of a disease, or it could have happened simply because he was dieing.

Either way, I'm really sorry about your fishy :(

Archived