Spoon Fed Them!

LuvMuhFred

Well my fish love the gel food I made!!

First day...Fred hit the top of the water with avengenge and took it clean off the spoon! I did not even get a chance to wiggle it off

That was fun!!! He been doing it sinse and I got him to take some from my hand.

My pearlie.. Coco Chanel was very shy and did not go near the spoon or my hand.

she ate it once it sank and sucked it up like a vacume. So did Mullow.

But every day so far they got closer and closer to the top

Today...all 3 ate off the spoon :)

As I put it over the water they came up to grab it LOL

I cant even get the spoon in there to drop the food in now without them grabbing it as son as it hits the surface

Its so fun to watch them enjoy a meal so much!

Its good to also see my new fish are now trusting me

next goal...handfeeding and training them to cme and sit in my hand to get the food.

yeah I got a real kick out of it..they just have so much character

now Fred (as he is living on kitchen bench till his move in 3 days) just goes nuts everytime I walk in the kitchen

he got that sad puppy look...feed me feed me LOL

he follows me....which is good he is definately back to his healthy self now

it is sooooooooooooo hard to resist

but Im strong LOL I told him tonight "no I already hand fed you twice today"

he looked sad LOL

I have school tomorow so I will look forward to hand feedig himand spoon feeding the others again in the moring

Until then....they have to wait heh

yup I agree!

Now that Fred is better..it is even harder, he does this fancy wiggle thing...its so cute!!!!!!!!!!!

my pearlie is starting to trust me now too.

Yanno I spend more time on my fish then my dogs :(

Not that my dogs are negleted..they spoilt rooten...home made food..games...sleep in my bed..oh sorry "THEIR bed" they just let me share the bed LOL

Yes I saw your dogs on your site

clicked on ya sig a few days ago

cute dogs!!!!!!

as for fish...get a pearlie they so funny! I only had mine a few days and so far she loves me and has a personality, but she eats alot! LOL

He will only swim up to me on his own terms, if I go near him and try to touch him, then he zips away. As long as he comes up to me, then its all good. He also likes to try to knock the test tubes out of my hand when I am trying to test his water - little brat, LOL.

I miss my first generation of goldfish who were more ahnd friendly than most of my goldies in this second generation

386052[/snapback]

Are they offpsring of the first lot?

He will only swim up to me on his own terms, if I go near him and try to touch him, then he zips away. As long as he comes up to me, then its all good. He also likes to try to knock the test tubes out of my hand when I am trying to test his water - little brat, LOL.

386140[/snapback]

LOL thats cute! They more like csts then fish..only on "their" terms LOL

I use a seperate container for each tank to gather water for testing and they try to get at it aswell...think I am about to feed them LOL

hee, hee! isn't it cute! I keep reading about hand feeding so I am going to try it - since GN is alone, that way he will even more attention! I just made gel food (for the second time ever but the first time was a while ago) and it is perfect for spoon-feeding - I have a little stainless steel lab "spoon" to measure very small weights of powder (with a flat end that I use to cut peas - perfect tool)! He ate right off of it today! I just :heart my little Grahamling!

While we got all situated and over dieases and new set-ups, cycles, and filters the last two months - I have to say that the cat got very jealous of the fish! The cat is starting to recover now that fishkeeping is becoming more routine for me.

My cat is a pig but I am starting to think that GN eats and is as messy as my cat - they are truly brothers! :rofl

Has anyone tried hand feeding shredded shrimp? I think that is next onmy list - and yes, the cat can have some,t oo! :D

PS - It is so nice to have a realtionship with them! I have had GN for a year now and I only started doing water changes myself in the last month and a half - it has been really amazing watching GN go from being scared of me to treating me like his old buddy, the "nanny" (whom he liked very much) - now GN kisses my fingers when I do water changes - or stick my hands to remove Marimo balls form his mouth! It is really neat! I'm glad you are getting there,t oo! IT is much more fun than being freaked out all the time - Now we can enjoy having fish!

Hehe GN sounds like quiet a character!

I totally agree its a lot of fun and very enjoying to have a relationship with them, they have such personality!

What are Marimo balls??

shrimp sounds interesting. I may look into that. The only fish I have given mine to eat is the tuna thats in the gel food.

Archived