Water Too Hot

Guest deedeesue

Guest deedeesue

Hi all.

We are once again, having record temperatures. My house is 88 with the fans on, 9:00 at night!

My tank water temp wasn't even reading on the little color strip. I used ice in a bag and floated it in the water to bring it down to a readable 83.

The fish seem OK, they are just as active and greedy as ever. I've got adequate oxygenation as far as I can tell; plus I'll be adding a second filter any day now, when it comes in the mail.

My question is, will this warm water have any effect on the developing color of my baby blue oranda? I've read that warm water can change black moores to gold. I hope this doesn't happen to Coco :(

thanks in advance.

I have found that genetics and food have more effect on color then temps... (In my opinion) and i freeze water/soda bottles and put them in to cool off. 88, ha! its been 108 here for most of the month!

Guest deedeesue

Wow, what part of CA are you in.

The 88 is the temp inside, don't know what is was outside. Yesterday it was 103 outside.

Do you think CA will melt off the edge of the country? :) I guess we should'nt complain, we could be in AZ or NV :D

Thanks for the advice, I was just worried about my Coco turning Orange. :)

Archived