A Nice Way To Arrange Multiple Tanks....

gialeigh

Well, I REALLY want to get another 55 gallon tank, or at least a much bigger one to accomodate all the crowding in my current 55 gal. My husband says he doesnt want more than one tank because he doesnt want our house to look like a pet store. Any suggestions for arranging multiple tanks so that it can still make the room look nice???? I would like to keep them both in the same room so that it is easier to get to for maintanance purposes.

hhmm.... i would put them at a slight angle to each other, so they make a very shallow V... like SUPER shallow. so like do them end to end, and at the far ends bring them out an inch or two, so it pulls you into the center :D

**edit- or build a huge custome stand and stack them :) that would be awsome

Your husband doesn't want your house to look like a pet store eh? Just cause you've got multiple tanks in one room doesn't mean that your room is going to end up looking like a pet store. What you need to do is convince him that you are maintaining living works of art that are there to enhance the room, not make it look like a menagerie!

:D

I get off lightly with the rest of the house work because I spend SSOOOOOO much time 'maintaining our works of art' (got mine convinced anyways!!)

Oh I would love to have a custom tank stand!!!! One 55 gallon on top of the other! But Im a little nervous about letting my husband build something that can safely support 1000 lbs!!!! He is great at building stuff like that, but for so much weight??? I dont know...

maybe putting them at opposite ends of the room? I think that would look nice. I wuold be worried about building a stand to support both tanks, but ive seen them at petshops, that are re-made, and are meant to support two large tanks, but i think 'that' look might make it more of a pet store looking them two seperate tanks on seperate stands. I had my 55 gallon along with a 10 gallon double stand (stacking like mentioned, but with 10 gallon) and had them on opposite ends of the room, and it really evened it out, and didnt make it look like a pet store. LOL... just an idea.

LOL! I already tried asking him "sweetly" for a 100+ and he gave me this look like I was absolutly out of my head. LOL! Anyway he came up with an idea to support these huge tanks. He says that maybe building the frame of the stand with steel and then covering it with wood to make it look like it was all made of wood. The final piece being able to support 2 55. gallon tanks, one fairly close to the floor and the other at eye level. They would be built into a until that would wrap around the tanks so that only the glass shows. There wold be a frame around the edges so that it looks like a picture frame bordering the tanks (like the tanks are made to look like living art!) and the top section of the frame will have hinges so that you can have access to the hood for feeding and cleaning. The back of the unit will open completly if the tank needs to be removed. Can you "see it"? LOL! I think it might be ok. I dont know how he is going to build a steel frame. I want him to consult with some pros first.

I am with Chishower....better a petstore and a dull house....lol

I have a set up where I have two 29 gal tanks...a long and a tall..I have the long on the bottom and the tall above...it looks really nice together

Archived