Mall Stand

littleone78

OK, so hubby and I went away for the weekend and hit the local mall (I won't name names....). Walking through and I see a little stand with really pretty glass vases with pretty little gel looking stones. We are admiring them when I notice a poor little betta sitting at the bottom in a vase no bigger than a coffee cup. I wanted to cry!!! We walked around the stand and saw that each of these tiny vases had a little betta just sitting at the bottom of it. I spoke up loud and clear and announced that it was not nearly enough room for a living creature - they couldn't even turn around!!! The Taco Bell cruiser cup had more liquid in it than these vases! Hubby had to drag me away as the people who owned the stand were getting quite annoyed by my constant criticism... the poor little guys weren't even "talking" when I came up to their containers. They looked so sad... I wanted to save them all, it was heartbreaking.... I actually had nightmares about it. Poor things....

I think I shall.... but, if I do, what will happen to all those bettas? I mean, what will these people do with them? That is my fear, will they just flush them all? Will they get sent to a pet store? Back to the breeder? What will happen?

Archived