What Would You Ask?

Im trying to adopt out three of my goldies, no matter how badly I dont want to, i dont have the room for them, and the tank is severly over stocked, and trashing my cycle pretty badly. What type of questions would you be asking people when they were to contact you about adopting your goldfish?

I dont want to sound weird, which I dont think its weird, but heres what ive been asking so for:

Tank size

Tank mates

How long has it been set up

Water params

Planted or not

What type of foods do you feed your fish or will feed the fish, and how often

How often do u do water changes

thats all i have so far.. am i missing something??

Those sounds pretty good. just expand abit when asking them e.g. what type of plants, how long been keeping goldfish etc. maybe if u can look at their tank urself then it'll be great.

"Do you visit Kokos?"  If not, you can tell them about it.  That way, you can always keep an eye on them.  :D

385641[/snapback]

Now thats a brilliant idea!

Basically if you ask them all the above questions and they answer with a "huh? what you talking about?"

Then you know to keep clear :)

Thanks everyone.

Ive gotten like 10 responses to my post on the goldfish. I was suprised that many people were interested, but ive weeding out a bunch. LOL well about all of them but two. I got this one email from a gal saying she had a 20 gallon with 2 goldfish, 8 guppie like fish, a frog and four plecos, and there was definantly room for my three goldies. LOL... i knew she wasnt the one when she didnt even know what "the guppie like fish" were. So that was a no. Also, i asked questions in my post, like tank size etc. and asked them to send an email with the info, and people try to avoid those questions. I did get an email from one gal im "thinking" about, who claims she has a 120 gallon with 4 commons in it, she seemed like she knew quite a bit about goldfish, but could only tell me the PH, and not the other params, so im not so sure... plus, i doubt she has a 120 gallon... she might, but i want to see it for myself...

but this one gal just emailed me, who i really like so far,

she says she had fish her whole life, has a 55 gallon with tropicals and a 30 gallon with 2 goldfish for her daughter, and has a 55 gallon (not running) she would love to get started, and would set up, and put the goldies in, and have that their home to themselves, no other goldies. 3 goldies in a 55 gallon sounds wonderful, and she even said she would let me come by and see it, test the water, and she would always keep me updated on my "babies". she sounded really nice. She said she wanted to cycle the tank first, so it would be at least 3 weeks, but if i think she is the right home, i will wait 3 weeks!

I should ask her that! She really seems like a nice lady, and I will definantly have to check everything out myself, but so far, she seems awsome! I really think she could be the one for my babies, I guess we'll find out when I go check things out. I just think its awsome when someone says they will send ya pix and keep you updated on that kind of stuff. Some people act like once you give you babies to them, you just dont think about them anymore, and wonder how they are!

Archived