Aquatic Shop

Happy Oranda

I know I am surfing a US forum, but I do find a lot of users are from UK.

As a foreigner, I have been living in Birmingham, UK for more than 2 years, but I did not find any professional fancy goldfish shops. Most of the aquatic shops do lots of tropical fish and only have got a couple of golffish tanks as decoration. You can easily find dead goldies or poor fries which are suffering kinds of diseases such as fungus or parasite. Moreover, you have not got many choices, red cap oranda and black moor are quite common and thats all. I have driven around to nearly 10 aquatic shops in Birmingham and have not find any bubble eyes, pearlscale, ranchu...

Anyone knows more than I do about the aquatic shops in Birmingham or towns within an hour drive, please be kindly to let me know.

Many thanks! :krazy:

Thanks all of you. Yellow page doesnt really work, I tried to ring a couple of shops, they always say 'we do all kinds of fish....' when you actually get there you will find that they do all tropical fish, newt, crawfish and even crab.

I have been to the UK section, from where I found some web-sites do mail orders. It may worth a shot although I dont really know if the fish will arrive safely.

As I got a new 120 liters tank, I am looking for some Ranchu and pearlscale. Some of lfs promises to order for me, but I dont really want to. They said as they cannt sell many fancy goldfish, they only can order 2 for me if I want. It sounds stupid. First of all, I have got no choice. Second, they wont quarantine the fish.

Any info? please let me know.

Thanks

Archived