Dojo Loach

Goofzilla

I just purchased a spotted dojo loach (photos coming soon!)

I had a quick question, about him.

As the petshop employee netted him, out of his tank, he totally jumped out of the net, and landed on the floor. he seems to be acting...placid. I hear these guys are normaly fairly hardy fish. what are the odds of this little guy living?

thanks! :newfish

:lol: All I can tell you is that it must be a common thing.I had the same thing happen to me-TWICE~!!!!! :o I ended up taking them both times.Don't know if it was luck,but they're both still with me.I had my cats knock a tank lid off a few months ago.A loach got out.I found him hours later & he was dry & looked like a walking fur ball. :ignore He also lived!!!! :rofl

:D Cute Pic! You may want to consider getting him a Buddy.They do much better when in the company of another loach. Dojo's aren't really Algae eating fish. They are some of my favorites,and I have 6 or 7 of them.Good luck with the little guy.

Thanks for the answer Devs. :) After posting that ? I went hunting for info on the net and found out that they're not algae eaters....but what I really didn't expect was to find out how cute they can be!! Apparently great little personalities and peaceful with other fish....So, I am probably going out tomorrow and bring me home 2 or 3! :lol:

Archived