Just Got A Tesing Kit....results...

Don't add Vinegar. It will change the ph so fast that the fish will die. The ph is fine, goldfish adapt to ph very well. There is still ammonia, which means that your tank is still cycling. Be sure to change water to lower it.

Hope that helps.

btw :welcome :

Guest Chishower

At your pH, keep your ammonia at no higher than .25 but if you remove it all your bio bugs will have nothing to munch on. Just keep an eye on it. :)

Yes, keep doing regular water changes, try and keep the ammonia low, it's really poisonous to fish. if you want to hasten your cycle you could try adding products available from your lfs, 'Cycle' is very good, I use it to kick-start my nitrogen cycle if I have to cycle with fish in, it reduces the time it takes to reduce all the nasties to 0ppm!

Another product that people swear by and that I don't have available in my area is called 'Prime', it's meant to lock away ammonia so that it doesn't harm your fish, but the ammonia is still available for the biobugs to "eat"!

Good luck with your cycle! :D

Oh yeah, in general higher pH is okay(as long as it's not too high), over time your pH will get more acidic because of fish waste (although hopefully you will clean your tank regularly enough so this wont be too much of a problem!) As long as you try and keep the pH stable at the pH of your tapwater, your goldies will be pretty happy!

Archived