Question About A Product

Anic

Today I bought some stress coat for the 29 and 10 gal tanks. It's called API (Aquarium Pharmeceuticals) Stress Coat. It says it has Aloe Vera, all the stress coat stuff and water conditioners. I live in the country, so I don't have city water (I'd call it well water, but it comes from a pond) The chemicals for the water conditioners won't hurt my fish, will they? It's 3 right now, I put it in around noon and everyone seems fine. I just wanna know if the chemicals will hurt them.

I have heard that too much use of that is not a good thing as it contains Aloe Vera and that can clog up the gills.

Hopefully someone else can clear that up with more information for you.

Can you get a hold of another dechlorinater?

Many people here recomend Prime

I have not found prime in Australia so I use "Wardley"'s Tri-stat

It neutralizes chlorine, harmful metals and chloramine and does not contain Aloe Vera.

When I started my tank, I too used Stress Coat for about a month. After reading advice on this website, I have since switched to Prime.

Now, just an fyi - I did not notice any problems while using the Stress Coat. But, I had only used it for a short period of time. I am getting great results from Prime.

I don't like Stress coat either cuz I don't like adding plant sap to the water that fish gotta breath in.

If your city uses chlorine to disinfect the water the AP tap water conditioner would be great. However, if they use chloramine, I'd recommend Aquasafe or Prime.

Archived