Meteor Goldfish

Guest waltertan2

well there maybe were some meteor goldfish already born, but they were branded as defects and culled <_< so note to breeders here :D if u got a fry with no tail, it might be the legendary meteor goldfish :yeah:

Guest cshepard

Here's what the Canakin is going to look like. When you read thru the Society's forum, though, ther are hardly any postings and nobody seems to actually be working on the breeding project.

CGS Canakin Project

It's suppossed to be a red and white fish with a tail like a maple leaf! - cute, though.

It's a fantastic idea! Hah, that's great, it'll kind of be a bit like a tosakin, but with a flat tail instead of a curly tail! Might take some generations for these fish to occur, but if someone really has a passion for it I'm sure it'll occur!

As for the Meteor, it supposedly existed, but I can't see the attraction of it, I can't imagine a tailless fish moving around the tank very gracefully, I'm pretty open minded about different mutations in goldfish, but the aesthetics of something like no tail is not very appealing, as I find the tail of a goldfish the most graceful aspect, and also the most relaxing thing to watch as it glides through the water.

It's the same with the breed with everted gills, that's just a little wrong. I mean, I'm interested if people have an opinion on it, I'd like to try and understand the appeal, just can't get it myself.

Here's what the Canakin is going to look like. When you read thru the Society's forum, though, ther are hardly any postings and nobody seems to actually be working on the breeding project.

CGS Canakin Project

It's suppossed to be a red and white fish with a tail like a maple leaf! - cute, though.

387502[/snapback]

Oh that would be so cool! Haha...now that would be an amazing goldfish...but difficult to create

• 4 weeks later...

Archived