Lovely! An Orange Betta

MaudlinBlithe

Ohhhh, today at the lps, I saw an orange betta! Oh, he way so pretty. He had some white edges on his dorsal fin too... just handsome. I want him.

Has anyone else seen a betta like this?

But the sad thing was the amount of water that he and his neighbor were in. seriously, you wouldn't believe it. never seen such small containers ANYWHERE.

perhaps... I'll buy him tomorrow and take a pic and show you guys what he looks like and his "pet store container"

I can't guarentee I'll buy him though.... because I can't afford another five gallon betta tank. I know I can put him in less than that if I do two or three water changes... I'll think about it, but..........

When I first bought Cinnamon, I kept him in a big pickle jar until I could get him a tank :) He did fabulously in it. I now keep him in a 2 gallon hex tank and he has been doing great since March '04, so 18 months in that tank :)

If it were me, I'd get him and figure it out :lol:

Well! I did get him! Yeah, I got two in two gallon containers, one in a one gallon, and two in five gallon tnaks......

Boy. I change the water alot!

Anyways, Once I got him out into the sunlight, I noted he wasn't a TRUE orange............. It's always soooooo dark in that petshop.

The color is like.... ugh. how to explain? I can't really say salmon color, cause thats too pink..... so some what of a pinkish orange??? But this coloration is in daylight......... I'll put a flourescent light over him tonight and see what he looks like then....

I tried to take pics yesterday with my moms digital--but her adapter doesn't work!!!! The batteries she had in it were dying-- the camera would turn on, but whenever I would try to snap a new pic, it would turn off. So, I put my own batteries in it.... They were brand new batteries, but---the cammera would still shut off every time I tried. It's driving me nuts!!!! (I'm about ready to video record all of my fish, take the film to some computer place, and have them make me photos from the video!!!)

Anyways, she didn't give me one of the small small small containers that she houses her betta in. She put him in a much larger bag of water. Really sad--she stacks all of the containers that hold bettas on top of each other sort of in a pyramid..... maybe someday I could sneak a photo (the lady is really busy most of the time.....)

I'll try to get a pic as soon as I can!!!

ooooooH! I was so excited (still am - happy :newfish ) b/c orange is my fav color! You could a) keep him in a darkly lit tank B) feed color enhancing food c) put a colored light sleeve over the flourescent bulb - like this:

http://www.aquariumguys.com/coloratank6.html

(blue might bring out that color, hmm)

But you could prolly buy some (smaller) at a crafts store... I would just be sure to check the fish under normal light regularly for disease if using colored bulbs or gels.

I'm sure you will love him all the same - What ar you call him? Mr. Pink! :rofl

Archived