I Love My Lfs!

mrbowlerdude

Well I took a trip to the vvvv where I bought my celestials just to pick up a few fish supplies. Of course I had to check out the fish, and that store never disappoints! :fishtank: I saw a tank full of chocolate pom pom goldfish. The first time I've ever seen a pom pom before.

Well I liked them so much that I bought one, but just not any chocolate pom pom. I found a chocolate pom pom telescope in the bunch. I fell in love the instant I saw it. It's living quite happily in my quantine tank for now. Still needs a name too!

Does anyone know if they stay chocolate colored? I saw some were chocolate and red, and I didn't know if that's the way they are or if they're changing colors?

I think you and I have the same taste in gold fish. I wanted a celstial ever since the first time I saw one! And now the telescope pom pom fish sounds so cute! And you have a black moore! I love unique "funny" looking gold fish, their so adorable :heart Post a pic, if you can, of your new one, I'd love to see him/her :)

Does anyone know if they stay chocolate colored?  I saw some were chocolate and red, and I didn't know if that's the way they are or if they're changing colors?

385198[/snapback]

Congrats on your new beauty! To answer you above question, it really depends on their genetics. If mom and dad were steady their coloring, most likely your dear will be as well...and visa versa! :D But you never can be to sure unless you have a good idea of the parentry. Hope he stays Choco for you, but I think it can be really fun to watch them change too. They can develop some really unique patterns!

Me too! The "funnier" they look, the more I like 'em! Check out this celestial!

http://home.columbus.rr.com/dandyorandas/s...20Celestial.htm

I would get him in a heart beat but my tank is not really set-up for a celsetial's needs ... maybe one day!

Where on earth do you live that your vvvv has such nice fish?!

CONGRATS! :newfish (chocolate is one of my FAV colors)!

Enjoy the Pom Pom! :D

I would get him in a heart beat but my tank is not really set-up for a celsetial's needs ... maybe one day!

'

My LFS just got in 2 TANKS of celestial's, and I'm debating getting one. What special needs do they have??

hey Tinker - I just don't think I can put one in my current tank as it isn't clestial-proof. I have read - only read, b/c I have never had a celestial - that care should be taken with their tank set-up and mates. I have a big telescope who is not very visually impaired and is very active (he does swim gymastics ;) ) and he has a castle and a plastic plant in there that I 'm still debating if they are safe for him - the celestial could easily hurt his eyes in my tank! Some people even put batting around the filter intake to decrease chances of eye injuries. I have read these recommendations and they make sense - but a lot of people here keep all sorts in all kinds of tanks so maybe someone with a "mixed" tank can say whether such precautions are necessary... here's a Koko's link:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/bubbleeyes.html

I do not feel like it would be a match for us, mostly b/c of me - I'd be too scared! :scared I'm just getting the hang of this! But, that lil guy I posted a picture of sure is making me think about trying... :wub:

More pix. Please! Chocolate pom pom TELESCOPE!!! :yay:

A name... something rare and unique... something very special! I'll think...

Haha, I'll get more pictures! That celestial you posted a picture of is amazing. I would buy that guy in a heartbeat too!

My celestials aren't too hard to take care of. They just have problems with vision. I would only keep celestials with other celestials, as it takes a while for them to find food. My friend has a bubble eye with her celestial (because "they" say that would work). But the bubble eye sees the food better and eats it before the celestial gets a chance. Maybe she got lucky, or unlucky for this matter, and found a bubble eye that sees well?

I wouldn't be too worried about buying one. They are so much fun to watch. I made sure I put soft plants in the tank, and found an orniment with smooth edges. I also used this tip of the month so they don't injure themselves.: http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/tom14.html

That's been working good. I'm not sure how delicate their eyes are, but better to be safe than sorry. If you have anymore questions just ask. I'll be happy to help!! :)

Yay! :newfish

I have a suggestion for a name that I found on a results page of Quizilla--Aki.

According to the page it means autumn in Japanese, which I think would go great for a brown fish, especially if it gets red pompons. Does it or will it? I'll check the picture again.

:goldfish::goldfish::goldfish::goldfish:

I love the pics...they are good enough for me

I love chocolate goldies...I had a chocolate oranda and he was beautiful...wish he ahd lived lover than a month though...he had a very bad cause of SBD and he didn't like eating peas at all :(

Archived