Tank Is Almost Cycled

Kissy

I cycled my 29 gallon with fish food, and I added some bio product, and its almost done cycling! this is great, but I'm not ready for fish yet. 1) Lately I've been spending six hours a night on hw and I'm too busy. 2) I want to wait to quarentine fish in it because after quarentining is done I will keep goldfish in there. I don't want to cycle all over again, so I want to grow a back up colony of bacteria in a rubbermaid. I'm waiting for filters from smak tho, since I don't have any extras to do this with. 3)I'm scared! I'm having the worst luck with most pets, and almost all fish.

Can I feed the bacterial colony fish food until I'm ready? This will probably be two weeksish.

Can you get clear ammonia? That would be best - no rotting or contamination that way. It only takes a couple of drops each day.

I can't find it anywhere. I swear I had foud it once, but it had a surfactant in it. Do you think that the tank could be contaminated? I'm cycling a sponge filter in there as well for my betta, since he is having reoccuring bouts of horrible fin rot.

I doubt that your tank is contaminated unless you see fuzzy globs of nasty on the bottom.

Let me look around and think a bit as to what your options might be. I thought I remembered you being one who could not get ammonia!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...............

Archived