My Guppie Had Babies!

kristysweets

ok so i bought tree guppies yesterday, two female one male. well they both looked like they were pregnant, but i thought it took a few weeks to have the babies so i didn't worry about it. well i saw one of them was hiding behind the filter i thought maybe she was sick and was gonna die cause that's what my other guppy i got did the other day. well next thing i know i see a fry swim across and the other female ate it :cry1 which i know they do this, then i saw another one i stopped them from getting it, but i think they got it anyway cause i don't see any babies :crp so as soon as i saw the first i went crazy digging for a breeding net i knew i had. i finally found it ripped it open, then realized some asembly(sp?) required! well i broke a post of course. i have it in there now but i don't see any babies :cry1 the other female is pregnant too. i don't want to lose the babies again. should i put her in the net and let her have the babies there?

:) Hi,You can do a couple different things.WHat size tank do you have? How about Ornaments/Plants/Hidey Holes?You can go to the Pet Store,and get yourself either some floating plants,or some bushy plants like Cabomba,or Hornwort for the little fry babies to hide in.If they are out in the open,they will definately get eaten by someone.Same with the Breeder tank.If you stick Mom in there,make sure you have alot of plantson one side so that babies can hide.Good luck!

well i saw another baby that was alive, i lost him though they're so little! i scooped up the guppies and put them in the net so they don't eat it. i have them in a five gal, but i have a spare 5 gal. i'm going to the store and get a filter for it and set that one up.

Archived