Identify That Fish Sherlock...please

Guest stedav

Guest stedav

myfish.jpg:(

I recently lost the fish you see being a complete muppet when it comes to feeding. basically i gave it enough food to feed the Atlantic when i went away for 4 days, and gave it no thought. I had little faith in the food capsules that you can place inthe tank and decided that it was a good idea to chuck flakes and flakes of food in. The fish got very overfed, and died. Not to mention the ammonia pool it probably swam in, but ive only just found out about ammonia and how it forms......doh! Also , i dint know that fish can not be fed for a few days and still be ok.....bigger doh!!! Its weird how you wanna take an interest in something when its gone. I am trying to find out whether daisy, the beautiful fish you see, is a male or female?? I have received unconfirmed info that daisy is a common Goldfish, but with long fins, so it is probably a cross-breed, a commonXvieltail.

can anyone identify the breed, and if its a cross breed which it seems to be, who were the male/female counterparts - fantails and comets......for example, any ideas??

wow i agree, beaut finnage! :heart but yeah the fins are more like veil's rather than normal comet's. i'd guess rather confidently it's a veil-tailed variety of comet, and its counterpart can be any goldfish, they are perfectly capable of cross-breeding :lol: it's up to u to which breed u want it to breed with

Guest stedav

thanks guys. i know nout about fish , i simply compared the shape of its body to various photos and saw the comet and fantail as being possibilities, also a ryukin, very similar. its so hard to identify its breed. Daisy was won in a fair 3.5 years ago, most fish won in a fair didnt get treated well before being won, and most die within a few months to a year. So i have felt very lucky to have gained daisy for the length of time i had....er...her, i think, her, him, dont know which. not that it matters. i'll be very lucky if i find a fish as gracefully pretty as Daisy was.

It looks like a comet to me :) The ones they usually sell are undiscriminately bred for fish food, so they usually don't have such lowing fins. If you check out some show-wothy comets, you'll see they have similar finage to Daisy. I'm sorry about your fish, she was really gorgious. I plan to get a comet one day, and I hope that it will be as nice as yours was.

Archived