Help Asap

Guest biscuitbum

Guest biscuitbum

My koi has a rock stuck in its mouth. I'm not sure if he thinks it's food are if it's really stuck. A few times he rapidly shook his head and it almost came out, but he took it back in. He's getting tired and is starting to rest for a few seconds an the bottom before starting to swin again. Is there anything I can do?

Guest biscuitbum

I just couldn't wait any longer for a response and did just that!!!! He's a little timid right now, but I think he'll be OK.

THANKS!!!!!!!! :D

Ooohhh! That had to be sacrey! Congrats on your bravery in saving your fish buddy! I read of someone else getting something out with a pair of tweezers! I think I will stick an extra pair in my fish box. Hope I never need to do it, but better to be prepared.

(I have actually removed all the gravel from my tank. Now only have big stones & rocks & seashells.) I was just trying a new look, but I can see that this is SAFER too!

(I have actually removed all the gravel from my tank.  Now only have big stones & rocks & seashells.)  I was just trying a new look, but I can see that this is SAFER too!

384794[/snapback]

Are they real seashells from the sea? Cuz if they are, there is a certain chemical type thing in them that is very harmful for goldies. I just couldn't figure out what was wrong when I first got my goldies; they kept dying! I found out it was the seashell. I took it out, and the fish lived happily ever after. Until this July. :cry1

I bought them at the dollar store. I soaked them for awhile & rinsed the heck out of them. I have had them in the tank for quite awhile with no adverse effects. :)

Archived