Yellow Water...

my nemo

I dont know if this will help but i also had a similar problem, when i changed the water it went more cloudy than yellow but after a day or so went back to normal, this has happened a couple of times to me and doesnt seem to effect my fish!

:goldfish

Guest lambchop64

the same thing happened to me that happened to gina my tank goes cloudy after the 2nd day it has water in it i thort this mite just be the tank cycling? it normally goes back to normal after acouple of days

Ok, this may seem silly but i am new to the fish keeping thing, and yes i do love it, but what is water water parameters? i know about the amonia and nitrate things but is it the same thing?

Usually when people talk about water parameters, they mean ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph.

Also, does your filter use a pad with a carbon insert? If you do, you should make sure you change it monthly, otherwise it will do no good, and could start dumping the crud it removed back into the water. If you don't use carbon, you could put a carbon insert into your filter for a few days, and that should remove the yellowish colouration.

Archived