Not Hungry?

Guest 2 lil fancies

Guest 2 lil fancies

Can someone give me some advice please?

Tai hasn't eaten tonight. He's not even particularily interested in stalking me! He's flared at his reflection and he's moving around fairly happily. Should i be worried?

I saw one of the cories annoy him yesterday but haven't seen any problems since, so i'm not sure if the little guy is just fed up of the little white speedy fish?

Do you think there's anything to be concerned about?

Thanks

Guest 2 lil fancies

Well after Tai's gentlemanly decision to not rip my hand topieces when i cleaned them out (he never even looked at me...just hid at the back), we decided it was in his best interests to move him.

So My little prince now has his very own three gallon betta paradise. Lets hope he feels better now he isn't watching those pesky cat fish zooming round.

Hope i've done the right thing.

Question tho....the mini filter that came with the three gallon is too powerful. So there's no filter in my betta tank.

What do i do about cleaning now.

Are partial changes ok, should i be doing 100% ?

Will the tank cycle? Can it cycle?

What do i need to watch?

Thanks everyone

Guest Chishower

Just dump the whole thing 1-2 times a week and do 100% change. Its no use trying to cycle an unfiltered tank, in my opnion.

Guest yabbie

When I run tanks that size for bettas without filters I vacuum 50% out halfway thru the week and do a waterchange. At the end of the week I take the fish out with about a litre of water and dump the rest, wash the tank down and replace with aged, treated, conditioned water and add the fish and his litre back slowly. I run them bare bottomed with plants in shot glasses or anchovey jars to make it easier to do this. Gravel just makes full changes harder.

Guest 2 lil fancies

Thanks guys :)

I've just slipped in a really small amount of gravel from the old tank so it'll be no problem taking that out.

My poor little man, hope he cheers up

Archived