In Case Of Disaster...

Fish_Fanatic

What would you do for your fish in the case of a disaster? For example, if there were a tornado or hurricane could you help your fish? I am very paranoid about these things... :huh: Or what about a house fire? What would you guys do to save your fish? Just wondering :D

Guest Chishower

If I had a housefire, I would grab the snakes first. Baby is my baby....

Hurricanes are a very real threat to me...but we have two generators so I don't worry about it. They do make battery operated air pumps and stuff, though, and I think everyone should have at least one.

If all the power went in case of tornado hurracaine..e.t.c. my fish would just have to make do :S I would do frequent water changes though so they are getting a constant fresh water supply.

In a fire, god forbid any of this happens, but yeah, well depends were in the house the fire was...if it was a big fire but I had time to save the fish I would just pick up the fish with my hands and put them in a zip lock bag thingy if I had it in my room...

oh wow....this provokes some thought....I definately would shove them in kritter keepers, and take them with me, if I had time, I would risk my self to save my fish and snails....

Well, you might not like this answer, but I have survived a fire in my home. We got our family out, my dogs were already outside.......I don't think I had a fish tank at the time, but believe me you are not likely to have time to go net fish & put them in a container. I love my pets but you cannot risk your life for a fish. More than likely in the tank they'd be okay.If the fire was hot enough to damage the tank you wouldn't be able to save them anyway.

IMAGINING a fire & what you would do is W A Y different than actually being in one.

Thinking about it what jeana says is right, in my dreaaam, I would scoop em up in my hands and put em in a zip lock bag :P in reality, i would make sure my mum and dad and brother were safe and then climb out the window...but thats life..the fish would probably be okay..

I agree with Jeana as well. If a hurricane, I would do as many water changes as I would need to, to keep them alive. If I would ever experience a fire, I would just have to pray they would survive, but in my dream world, I would scoop them up ans put them in the 3 gallon water change bucket I have in my room.

Yep, I'd do what I could to try and save them, but my life comes first, as well as family. If the fire was dangerous but not huge or in the way of my room or an exit, I'd try and save them and my other pets.

Archived