Awaited Tropical Pics.

Black oranda

Thanks guys :hug

My betta is actually very calm around the guppies, sometimes he might chase

them away. But nothing serious.

Graham- Im not 100% on the size, if i remember correctly its something between or around 15 gallons. This was my first tank i ever got its about 7-8 years old.

-Alex

:heart You did a really great job Alex.What are the plants in the tank? Any silk/plastic plants too,or are they all live? What wattage do you have for your lights?

Its sill not done, The anarchis needs to grow some more, so do the vals, and the crypts.

Plants: Anubius nana,Marimo balls, Rotala,Combomba, Java fern (lace and normal), Java moss, Anarchis, Vals (corksrew/normal), crypts (2 types)

Black amazon sword.

Thats about it...

I have two 10 watt compact flourescent light bulbs, My tank has "two sides" Low light, and high light. High light is with the rotala Combomba ect.

On the high light side i have an extra light bulb out side of the tank (65 watts), I move it around during the day, So light half the day its on the back of the rotala, the other half its on the front of the rotala ect ect.

Eventually ill get my self a better light set up.

-Alex

Guest ckolstad

So is this a tropical fish tank or a goldfish tank? It really is beautiful...but you've heard that already. How about SPECTACULAR!!!!

Tell me...I'm setting up a tropical tank. I just bought some Lilly Bulbs and Hardy Aponogeton Bulbs. What would you advise me to do before throwing them in? Do I need special lighting or special gravel?

:D I've had both of those bulbs,and just basically threw them in.I only had the standard aquarium lights.They are rather simple to grow.Some will sprout right away,some of mine seem like they took a month.I left them in anyway,and they are finally sprouting now! :lol: I just had to check the unsprouted ones on occasion to make sure that they weren't rotting. :yeah:

Guest ckolstad

I found a conversion web page to find out how many gallons my tank was by the measurements and I have a 30 gallon tank. Thanks for the advice, I'll throw them in after I make sure they're all right.

ckolstad: For the lily bulbs, on the back it should say they need some sort of fertilizer. I don't know if they do well without, I didn't want to try. The others have been doign great in my tank though :) Just place them in the gravel a tad to hold them down in place and that's about it. I have to trim mine back a little in my 5 gallon tank. The one in my 10 gallon hasn't sprouted yet, but it should be anytime now! :)

Good luck with the bulbs! :)

Nice tank, BO. :exactly

How did you ever get your Khuli's to come out for the pictures? Mine hide in the back of the tank in the plants all day.

:heart Thank you all once again for the wonderful comments. Im glad you like it all.

Corrie-My Khuli loaches usually stay in the back, i had to zoom. But even then its hard, my khuli loaches move like crazy looking for food and stuff.

:)I love those guys.

Archived