Attach Or Not Attached

d_golem

I just got a clump of java moss from my LFS and in the tank where they keep it the moss is just floating around unattached to any rock or wood :hmm ain't i have to tie them up to driftwood ?

No you dont. It can be left to float in the tank as it can help livebearer young hide better. I reckon it wasnt attached to anything because then the price would have been much dearer for it. You can if you want attach it to a piece of driftwood using fishing nylon, elastic band or thin wire if you want and it does look better that way.

Guest alexis421

Hi! Just curious if goldies like to eat the java moss? Are they hardy plants? I'm thinking of attaching it to driftwood, but I'm not sure if this particular plant sheds. Also, will this help keep NitrAtes low? Sorry for the long post. Thanks!

i've read lots bout java moss & hornwort after starting the thread and learned that both are very hardy and prodigious growers! hornwort can grow 3 inches in one day and java moss can cover an entire driftwood in a matter of months. and apparently both also great in keeping the water in good quality. both feed off nitrates and if u prune and throw away a clump of hornwort or java moss, consider ur throwing away nitrates from the system :lol: i love java moss & hornwort :D:heart

:) I actually have a smooth flat river like stone,that I tied some onto with fishing thread.I wondered about it being able to "stick " to something so smoothe-so I wasn't sure if it would work.I recently checked it though,and somehow,it does seem to be grasping to the rock. :rolleyes::lol:

Archived