Shubunkin Telescope And Black Moore

gumbo

I am cycling a 20 gallon tank right now and I am going to put my black moore Gumbo in it when its done. I was at the pet store and I saw the CUTEST fish. It looked like a mix between a shubunkin and a telescope-BIG bug eyes and a itty bitty body lol. I want Gumbo to have a friend/ girlfriend :rolleyes: , but I want him to live as long as possible and I don't want to stunt his growth. So should I get the telescope fish or not? Will they still grow to their full size with 2 fancies in a 20 gallon?

I also have another question kind of off topic. I bought this plankton freeze dried fish food, and I was wondering if this was ok to feed him? It seems kind of hard and crispy, will he be able to digest this stuff well? :unsure:

Thanks for any help!

20 gallon for 2 fish is just fine, for a year or so maybe, then u might want to upgrade :D

just soak the food first until soft, then u can feed em to the fishies :D don't forget to feed them fresh stuff also

I would get the telescope, especially since you have some room in your tank. You never know when you'll find another like that. If your worried about health and stunting growth I would get a bigger tank down the road. For now your fine.

I passed up a fish I really liked before. Haven't seen another one since. :(

Archived