Black Spots

Guest Syd_Vicious

Guest Syd_Vicious

I just got a new fish and yesterday i noticed a black spot on his side. today when i came home from work i was looking very closely and i noticed that the black spots had spread to his face and fins... it seems to be taking over. I have no idea what this is and how to treat it. I am a newbie at this fish ownership. So any info would be a great help. :(

Hi and welcome to Koko's. YOu will learn all there is to know about gf and how to care for them as well as enjoy them.

First if you could answer all the questions in the box above this is vital information we need to help you.

I will go out on a limb and say that it is probably ammonia burns. When a tank is cycling or there is ammonia building up in the tank it burns the fish. These burns turn black as they start to heal.

So with this my first suggestion is to do a water change. Once you tell us more on your tank and water parameters we can guide you on this.

Hang in there, post back soon and once again welcome!!!