Rough/sharp Ornament

Dory

I just bought a large log ornament (with some fake plants attached)from nnnnnn and it is sorta hollow but it has a lot of holes and I'll put it near some current so I'm not worried about that, but it is kinda rough. I'm worried that if the goldies are playing hard they migh scrape themselves on it and lose a scale or two. Have any of you seen/own one of theese and what do you think of them? do you think it would be alright to put it in my tank, because I don't have anything for my fish to hide in and everytime I open the door they startle and I feel bad not having anything for them to hide in/behind. What do you think?

I think i've seen somthing like that. It shouldnt be a problem though. I got a piece of driftwood which got numerous pointy ends jutting out at various angles and at first i was afraid my black moor would pierce his eye against the sharp ends but it seems that he knows perfectly where the dangerous parts are and deftly manouver himself around. They're not that dumb anyway and wouldn't hurt themsleves on purpose. not sure bout bubble-eyes though. I'd worry myself to death if i got a bubble-eye in my tank :krazy:

Iit'd be safer not to have it in the tank, but if they seem to be fine with it then leave it. An alternative place to hide for your fishies would be some plants maybe? Just a suggestion because thats what I did for my fishies, I just bought em three lives plants which they like eating and playing behind :)

thanx for the input! Do you think that if I tried it out in my tank for a while I could still take it back to nnnnnn if it didn't work out?

Archived