Are My Fish Going To Have Babies?

Guest lisame

Guest lisame

I don't know if I have two males, two females, or a male and a female ( i got my two fish 4 years ago) and today I seen a LOT of bubbles all lined up against the side (surface) of the tank, as well as around the castle (ornament). I'm not sure if they are eggs or not, and it's NOT because the tank is dirty, I cleaned a couple days ago. But I REALLY need to know if they are eggs, because if they are, I don't want my fish to eat them! Thanks a million!!

Guest lisame

well the calico is orange with black spots (and looks like it has a little mustache :))

the comet is silverish/white with orange along the top from head to tail.

The calico is smaller than the comet, and they are both fantails... i think. they have pretty tails. Especially the calico!

So, are they eggs????

Guest lisame

Oh, haha. oops. Well, they are transparent.. clear. I can't really decribe what size they are though.. my mom said that this is the 3rd time this summer, or something like that. I don't know. They look like air bubbles (maybe??) and they are all lined up against the surface (side) of the tank. As well as around the top of the castle (ornament).. It's weird, and one of them keeps blowing bunches of them, then they float over to the other ones.. how are eggs laid? One keeps blowing them out of the mouth.. so I don't know.

Guest lisame

Oh, and most of the bubbles are the same size. but than there are some smaller ones, and a few large ones. I REALLY hope they are eggs! But I'm starting to doubt it... :(

Guest lisame

Probably :( It's just that alot of people (my family) say that they're probably eggs. But why would they do that? and why would the bubbles stay for such a long time?

You say the bubbles are coming out of the fish's mouth? In that case they are not eggs - eggs are held in the belly of the fish, and expelled out of the anal area.

When did you see the bubbles appear this week, how many days ago? :)

Guest lisame

Well, I found the bubbles yesterday. They weren't there the night before I'm pretty sure.. They are still here this right now (noon). This is SO confusing.

Archived