New Calico Fantail

Guest Chishower

Guest Chishower

He is about four inches long, and actually in the last two he is in his gallon acclimation bucket to get him ready for the 18 gallon rubbermade. I have no idea what I am going to call him...that will come in time.

Black Oranda - Your fish is adorable! And your right, they do look alike.

:unsure: Didn't you just buy him yesterday? What did you come home and put him in? WAs it new water-did you acclimate him before you added him to the bucket water?Andy real sorry you fish died.

Guest Chishower

Yeah, rescued him from the koi tank yesterday. Floated him for 30 minutes, then slowly acclimated him in another bucket for another 30 minutes...put him in a 18 gallon clean rubbermade with dechlorinated water, with a whisper 30 filter...he was a little listeless, but I got him to eat a little. Then I came home today and he was stuck to the filter and died about 10 minutes later.

I hope it wasnt my fault...maybe he was just too far gone, though.

Oh, Andy! No fair! You gave him love, he died with love! And, with fame! So many of us here thinking about him... Whywas he in with Koi, anyway, maybe they were just too big for him and bullied him...? I am sorry :crying::bighug

Guest Chishower

Yeah, the may have caused some heavy damage...

I found another awesome fish, though. I went to a new petstore to get some crickets for toad, and they had some HUGE orandas. Some had floating issues (and I told the lady to try peas! :rofl She gave me the weirdest look) but in the back was a big matte scaled Calico oranda with the most adorable face...I might go get him tomorrow.

They also had a big Grey-Green one, two red ones, and orange and a white one with orange blotches that couldnt get right-side up.

Ooooh! I willl be on tenterhooks until tomorrow! Thank heavens you don't still live in VA or I would go with you!!!

How is FL treating you? (how about them hurricane's! Quite a welcome :yeah: )

I guess school is going to start soon- have fun at your new school!

And come back tomorrow and tell us if the SB Orandas got their peas... and that you got your :newfish !!!

Guest Chishower

I actually graduated a year early and am taking a year off before college...so no school for me this year! *dances*

I promise that there will be many pictures if I get the fishy, and I might just bring her some peas...that would make her more apt to feed them, right? Or it might just make her mad. >.<

And it rains every day. o_o

Archived