New Tank!

d_golem

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

woah nice, very nice, it looks huge! u sure it's only 18 gals? also can you make some close ups of the fishies pls?

60 cm tall & about 40 cm wide (octagonal tank), so yup about 18 gals. it looks huge cos the fish r only small :D about 2 inches long. I'll put up pics of the fishies when they grow up :D

Okay,that worked~ I can see it now. I think the tank looks good,but I have to make two comments.a) Those kind of tanks are not really the best for Goldfish as the Surface area for them is rather small-so you need to make sure that you have good filtration/Aeration, and B),keep an eye on your PH because Driftwood will lower it. Not critisizing you mind you, just offering advice. :) Good luck with it and enjoy! ;)

I perfectly understand ur concerns Devs. I also thought about those issues before I set up the tank. I got the tank & the aerator for A$ 10 ( :blink: a bargain or what!), it was leaking though but it's fixed now. The filter capacity I used is about 12x the tank volume so it should be ok for now. About ph, ammonia, nitrite, & nitrate levels, I'm not so sure. I'm aware it's a very important thing but, no offense, goldfish is a hardy fish and as long I prepared the water properly and don't tamper with the tank too much, I think they'll do pretty alright :) . Of course I'm planning to get more tanks & better equipments in the future, as I feel the current tank can only last maximum 1 year with the number of fish in there. Just chugging along slowly but surely :goldfish::fishtank:fishtank: hehe

The second link you posted worked for me - your tank looks great! And your fish are so cute! They are so little - funny, they look even smaller in the bucket! (I like the telescopic shot). THat's a neat shaped tank! They will have a ball in there! :D

Thx guys! :D It seems like they're having a good time, they even starting to recognize me when feeding them lol swim all the way to the surface just to greet me :D i gotta get a bigger tank in a few months though :D the way they're eating rite now lol

Archived