Sign in to follow this  
Guest punkstar

Breeding Or Not Breeding ~

Guest punkstar

Hi~

recently my GF start to mate .. i saw some eggs .. less thn 10 .. normally it should lay up to more thn 100 rite ?

i nt sure y thr so less eggs .. n when will it be able to lay again ?

So far .. thr iz no white dot on the GF's grill or body ..

will the GF lay eggs tat will Not hatch ?? sumthing like chicken ?

^^

from what I have heard, the first time goldfish spawn the female may not have as many eggs. There should only be white dots on the male's body. You do have 2 fish right? If you are talking about only having one female fish then no, they will not be fertile and no babies will grow. If you start seeing a fuzz I believe that means they are not fertile and those eggs will not produce any babies. As far as a GF producing eggs without a male...like chickens and ducks do...Im not sure. I have never heard anything like that honestly. What do your eggs look like now?

gia_ekdahl brings up some good points. My goldfish have been spwning over and over again and it's been 2 months

Guest punkstar

i haf the male aso .. its abit milky in color ..

Also, if the goldfish have accessability to these eggs, they might be eating them without you knowing! Goldfish are bad parents, they'll eat the eggs, and the babies.

Guest punkstar

i haf separate them , my eggs iz like mouldy nw .. will it hatch ? how many daes to hatch ? gt pic to show?

thankz

if the eggs are looking moldy, then they are unfertilized and need to be taken out soon. As for the first spawning, the female first spawning is normally not a lot of eggs. and if the conditions are right, they will continue to spawn for awhile. My goldfies seemed to spawn once a week and are still spawning and it's been 3 months now. Depending on the temperature of the water...it can take 2-4 days for the eggs to hatch.