Call Me Crazy But...

Bubbles

Yes..yes...you read it right..ANOTHER goldfish!

But how could I resist? I was heading to Pet Cetra to buy myself a background for my betta tank, a new algea scraper, and sinking goldfish pellets..but my dad decided to take me to Mr. Pets instead...it was rather random because I never go there. I collected all these items and decided to look at the fish section just for fun. Nothing really caught my eye...'till I was this bright red beta in a 10 gallon tank...and I checked to see if he was all alone. But I noticed something moving in the back of the tank...a goldfish. But not just any goldfish...a tailess one! I fell in love right then and there. I have something for any animal that has something different about them or needs help. He saw me looking into his tank and he swam over. Imediatly I went to find the lady who worked there and questioned her on his conditions. She said he wasn't sick but a man had owned him and he lived in a pond, but all the koi had torn his tail off. The man brought him in to the pet store and they watched over him for a month and some of his fins are starting to grow back. They thought he wouldn't make it, but he was a surviver. I asked if he was for sale and she said yes...so the words "I'll take him" slipped out of my mouth. I know I am now over stalked by one fish, but I'm planning on a new tank very soon...yes, slap me.

As she was bagging him, my dad was like "What a gibbled fish..you should name him gibble" and the lady was like "No, no...he needs a name like Beautiful." So now...that is what I call him..or her. Beautiful. And beauty is as beauty does.

I got her for $5...pretty good..she's quite a large fish. ^^

Alright..here are some pictures of my lovely. I'm not sure on her breed, but I was wondering if anyone could help me out with that?

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Mid...s_/100_0990.jpg

2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Mid...s_/100_0993.jpg

3. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Mid...s_/100_0989.jpg

4. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Mid...s_/100_0986.jpg

5. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Mid...s_/100_0988.jpg

6. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Mid...s_/100_0985.jpg

<3

OMG, isn't that just the CUTEST thing you have ever seen!!!! I would have been the same if i had found him, straight in my tank!!! He is completely and utterly adorable! I cant tell you how jealous i am :P

Does he like wiggle his body like crazy to swim around? kinda like short tailed fish? Aww just the thought of it gives me goosebumps!

OMG, isn't that just the CUTEST thing you have ever seen!!!! I would have been the same if i had found him, straight in my tank!!! He is completely and utterly adorable! I cant tell you how jealous i am :P

Does he like wiggle his body like crazy to swim around? kinda like short tailed fish? Aww just the thought of it gives me goosebumps!

376242[/snapback]

Hehehe glad you like my fish ^^ ..How could I say no to buying him? He is one of the cutest fish I have come accross yet. He doesn't wiggle like crazy, but more than my other goldies...uses his upper body to twim, and his little tub where a tail would be like a rutter on a boat ^^

that's a nice fish you got! how big is it exactly?

376245[/snapback]

Beautiful's just over 3 inches...and if he had a tail I'd say probably 4 or 5...depending on his breed. Anyone have any idea on his breed? I look in the types of goldfish section, but she really didn't look like any.

cute! :D Are we getting addicted to goldfish? :yeah:

376253[/snapback]

:P Hahaha...I think I've always loved them...but...now I'm compleatly addicted...I planning out 3 more tanks already...and I'm planning on volenteering at a pet store in the fish section just because I can't get enough of them at home :P . So yes...addicted is the right word.

wow!! gorgeous fish!!

i have one exactly the same colours as her. he is a ryukin. :D

376275[/snapback]

Yes, its such a beautiful colour..I love it!

Oh thanks, I was guessing she was a Ryukin, but I wasn't 100%..thanks for clearing that up ^^

holy cow! if i didnt see it, i wouldnt have believe it. that fish is really tailess..

376472[/snapback]

Yup...nothing left at all. But you see, the little fin on the botom..apperently it wasn't there before, but it grew back as they watched him at the pet store. She said it should grow back a bit, but may never be the same again.

Is he in quarentine? With a fish missing its tail, it can be very suseptible to disease....i don't want him getting your other fishies sick.

376570[/snapback]

He would be, but I cannot afford a quarentine tank..

Guest Pondandfish

You are not Crazy. You are a fish loving nut. Hee Hee

Like I am. :lol:

I have have over 50 fish and still looking for more.

People call me a things. So they are just jealous!

:thud Whoa! Thats a meteor! 9 a rare goldfish breed) many people have spent amany years trying to develope a perfect meteor, although I never knew they even existed I have just read about them in books.

nice find Bubbles! :goodluck

377684[/snapback]

Are you serious?? Wow...*is amazed* and I got him for $4.99! XD

Wow...

You are not Crazy.  You are a fish loving nut.  Hee  Hee

Like I am.  :lol:  

I have have over 50 fish and still looking for more.

People call me a things.  So they are just jealous!

377704[/snapback]

Wow 50 fish! Luckyy!

Yes..I'm known as "fish girl" amung a couple of my friends..XD

That fish is so cute. He warms my heart. :heart It was like seeing one of those stories on the news about a dog with no hind legs who still love to play ball or something. I am so glad he found a home with someone who will love him and take care of him the right way! Naughty, Naughty Koi!

That fish is so cute. He warms my heart. :heart   It was like seeing one of those stories on the news about a dog with no hind legs who still love to play ball  or something. I am so glad he found a home with someone who will love him and take care of him the right way! Naughty, Naughty Koi!

377786[/snapback]

Hehe yes! He has a great home..I'm really hopeing to get a larger tank to move him into because my tank was at its limit..but I couldn't resist! But until then, I've been keeping my eye on them and they're all heathy. :) Yes, I love hearing stories like that aswell ^^

Archived