Thinning Fish

Guest rmatalas

Guest rmatalas

I have a calico fantail (MR.Bubbles) in a 10 gallon tank with one other tiny fantail. Lately I have been cleaning the tank religiously. Because YES YES YES it is overstocked. During this past week Mr.Bubbles would sit at the bottom, so I thought he had SBD. After feeding him peas, he would seem to perk up and everything was fine. Today I saw him laying at the bottom again, so I took him out and placed him in a little dish where I could feed him a pea without the other goldie eating it all. Now, looking at Mr.Bubbles from the top, I could tell he has gotten very thin. He ate a couple pieces of the peas, then a minute or so later, spit it all up again. He'd eat it again, and spit it up. I have no idea what the PH levels are, I don't have anything to test that. I am very worried about him, because well he is my favorite fish. I think I would definately lose all desire to start over with more goldies if I lost him. Please help.

Guest rmatalas

Also I forgot to add that his back fins are jagged and split, but his tail is still beautiful. I am wondering if this is because my other goldie has been attacking them. I noticed he has been hanging around Mr.Bubbles and sucking on him.

Guest rmatalas

I'm not sure what to say, there have been 15+ views and not one person has decided to help me. 5 hours later and not one post. Can't someone please help me?

• Admin

Ammonia Level

Tank size(How many Gals) and How long has it been running?

Nitrite Level?

How often do you change the water and how much?

Nitrate Level?

Filtration?

Ph Level

Water additives/conditioners?

What do you feed your fish?

Medications add to the tank?

How many fish in the tank and there size?

Any new fish added to the tank?

Any unusual findings on the fish? Such as "grains of salt", bloody streaks, frayed fins, fungus Any unusual behavior? Like staying at the bottom, not eating, ect..