Dogfood?

gialeigh

Um maybe this sounds weird, but I had been reading about how it is good to give orandas some protien to help their wen grow. I live in the middle of nowhere. The PX here does not have any fish supplies beyond some goldfish flake and, well, I guess that's it. Anyway, I was thinking, I have some soft puppy food in a pouch that I originally bought to feed a baby bird we had. I also have some beef baby food. Would this be a good source of protien for the fish? Would it be safe to give them dogfood? I dont know about all the other ingrediants, but I can imagine that it would hurt them. I just dont know if they'd eat it! lol ok. well let me know what you think! Im curious.

oh duh. I didnt realize there was an area for food related posts. Please forgive me, Im a dork.

I'm not sure about giving your fish dogfood, but you could get the flakes. Just make sure to soak them, and if they float, push them down. (Well, thats what I used to do before I got pellets! :lol: )

Or you can make gel food out of regular fruits, like Peas, etc.

If you want to give them protein, make some gel food with tuna, peas, carrots, spinach, and any other vegies left in the fridge. This is real good for your fish.

good idea! Ok i will try that. I do have some tuna... thanks for the ideas

oh and yeah I WOULD buy them high protien food made for fishies, except Id have to drive and hour and a half to get it! LIke i said...middle of NOWHERE hahahaha

no. no worms. ALl the PX has is goldfish flake and tropical fish flake. That is literally all the have for fish care here. Next time I go into town I will have to try to look for some. How do you make gel food? Just mush it all up? I guess Ill have to look more into that.

Hi,

Making your own gel food is an excellent idea. And if you are in the US, you could always order goldfish food online at Goldfish Connection

There are other online fish supply places such as Big Als Online and Drs Foster and Smith. vvvv too.

:D

Archived