Snails Mated, Eggs In Tank

Ginevive

I just got 2 apple snails and the next day, they're mating in the corner of my tank. I plan on taking the eggs out and hatching them in a seperate container, because I want to control the amount that stay in my GF tank, and give the rest to my friend at the pet shop or feed them to my oscars.

Anyonew ever have apple snails breeding in your tank? How many babies resulted? Any more advice/info? thanks! Also, will GFish eat snails?

I normally get 25-30 out of every clutch (Currently i have 36). I would wait 2 weeks or so and remove the eggs. I usually put them on a piece of styrofoam and float them in another tank (they will drown unless ready to hatch). After about 3 weeks I break the egg sack apart to help them get out. They grow pretty fast. Good luck.

Do they look like tiny brownish worm things? It did not look like they had shells when I saw them. Unfortunately the Oscars ate them, because I was in too much of a hurry the morning I saw them. But the snails have bred again (fiesty little guys, no?) so I am keeping this clutch :)

Thanks for the advice! :D

Archived