Graham's New Tank/set-up/filter!

Graham

I was going to do a little more to it but I think I like how simple it looks now and I am getting a little worn out with so many new tanks - I think I will leave it like this. He still the overhaul he needed! I have to put in the bubble wall and I still have not decided if he should have a black background or not - what do you think?

(OK so he has had the tank for two months but it sure takes a long time to put all this stuff together! And it's pretty plain in the end... it is staying like this for a while)!

newtank.jpg

He LOVES it already! He has so much more space to swim and his tank is always clean now! (No more illnesses)! :exactly

Next project - new buddy! :heart

It looks great :D I'm sure he's loving all the space in there :heart

I have a 20 gallon tank that has a black background and I love it...maybe you should go for it?! :lol:

Graham that looks so good! The black background will certianly help a bit to cover the tubing and pull out the rocks more. Awesome, have you considered adding Lucky Bamboo since you're doing an Asian theme? I heard it's ok to put in tank, but you have to make sure it's not regular bamboo.

Graham does look happy :D How big is he now?

The tank looks great, I'd go for the black background too. It will really gring out that orange color! I just want to warn you to be careful with the oriental house thing, its got a lot of sharp edges that might hurt his eyes.

Its good to see another picture of the little guy :) Oh and finding him a fishy friend is definately the best part!

Guest Esareh

OH MY GORSH! I love that plant! I love your tank! its wonderfull! The black background would sure make little Graham look uber bright! it'd make his colors POP! if you /do/ put the black background up, I dont think I would get a black moor as a buddy for Graham. xD AHHH! WHERE IS HE!?!!?!

The tank looks really good, I think less is definately more in this case ... it's lovely!! You have really got it looking special :exactly

oh, and I would recommend a black background ... we have one and it does make the colours stand out more! :D

Thanks everyone - I will definitley go for backgorund - I was getting lazy for a minute there! :o (I ordered the wrong size so I thought maybe I would just leave it out - but I think you are right - I thought so when I started this - black background :thumbup)

The point of this set-up was the best environment for Graham Norton with the easiest possible care-taking for me - so, we have:

1)20 gallon tank for one fish

2)Eheim 2215 canister

3)Barebotoom but some river rocks to help with food, debris, and good algae growth - and a turkey baster (only for the tank to clean up poop)!

4)Marimo balls for the benefits of live plants without the hassle (these grow in very low light, need no CO2, don't need pruning, don't shed dead leaves, and are slow growing. GN rolls them around the bottom with his nose when he eats which will help them keep their cute round shape)

5)A bubble wall (in now but not in the photo) along the back wall under the spray bar for aeration

6)COMING SOON - the black background to properly show off GN in all his glory!

7) good tank conditions and enough filtration for a possible buddy!

The red plant is fake but you cannot otherwise get a Japanese maple underwater!

I'll put a new picture next week when I get the background on - thanks for your help!

PS -

now you just need to keep the bottom poop-less

:rofl You never can win in the goldie game, huh!?!

I just want to warn you to be careful with the oriental house thing, its got a lot of sharp edges that might hurt his eyes.

Yeah, I am a little worried baout the pagoda, I am going to really watch him for a while - I will take the spike-thingy off the top of it. At least the points point upward so when he gets near it it is smooth. Hopefully, it will be ok for him... Thanks for watching out for him! :hug

I dont think I would get a black moor as a buddy for Graham. xD AHHH! WHERE IS HE!?!!?!

:rofl3 I gave up on Balcmoors since I thought GN was one - now I definitley can't get one! I want to get a calico - so I will really want the black background then! (Ha, ha - that's why my new avatar is a blackmoor - it's as close as I am going to get to having one :teehee ).

Those marimo balls look cool! How much light do they need? I have a really old 20 watt light on my 29 gallon, the watts have probably faded down some with age tho. I really don't feel like getting another light, this one is fine. Where did you get them? I've never heard of them before.

I was about to ask the same thing as Kissy...you've got me interested about the marimo balls, but I haven't seen them around or maybe because I wasn't looking for them? Did you get them at a store or order them? Can't wait for more pics, seeing these makes me think about going barebottom in mine....it's just that poop thing that holds me back! :rofl

:D Graham's tank looks wonderful! Good eye Kissy-my first thought was possible injury on the Pagoda too. :rolleyes: The Marimo (Moss Balls) look wonderful too.I remember mine -they were beautiful until the Goldies devoured them.They tricked me of course.I kept close eye for a while,and I swear that they didn't even look at them,but one day I actually caught My Moor Mambo tearing the heck out of one.When I looked for the other's,I realized that um...there were no other's! :o:lol: I totally agree about the Black Background.I have a 30 gal. with three Oranda's in it and their Orange/Red color shows up beautifully against the Black. Nice job on the tank.

I kept close eye for a while,and I swear that they didn't even look at them,but one day I actually caught My Moor Mambo tearing the heck out of one.When I looked for the other's,I realized that um...there were no other's! :o

371894[/snapback]

:rofl !!!!!!!!

And yep, Graham used to be that black more :)

Archived