Sign in to follow this  
maries

Don't You Wish You Could Save All The Fish.....

Don't you wish you can just save all the goldfish you see in the pet stores?

Sometimes it's hard for me to see them in there, I saw these huge Oranda's (I think thats what they were I'm still a bit new to goldfish) today and they look so lonely and squished up in the small tanks, even tho they had their tanks to themselves, it just was not enough room to barely swim... they look so sweet and I wish I can save them all :cry1:cry1 I just hope someone decides to get them and is able to give them a good home :( That goes for all the fish.

Sorry if I sound pitiful or overly sentimental...but I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean... thanks for listening, I needed to get that out.

yep :( ,its sad when their all squashed in one lil tank ... or one by itself.... :(

whats even sadder is seeing an oranda swiming alone in the tank with tropical fish at the petstores

It is very sad but an individual can only do so much. Just do the best you can do and you are making the world a better place.

yes it's very sad and every time I go to a petstore like that I feel really bad for the poor fish that live there , but remember that petstores are in the buisness of marketing not losing money, they won't spend money on one tank per fish. They'd be spending more money than they make. I wish that petstores wouldn't only think about the money but the fact that fish lives are in their hands, but i don't very many petstores think that way at the momment. :(

My school loves to use fish in their science fairs, experiments etc. They are always kept in the worst conditions I've ever seen (usually in a bowl filled with gunk and toxic stuff like motor oil, some are even in coke cans) most of the time on purpose. I don't know what I'll do when I'm stocked up....I know I can't just leave them there. If they survive the project (usually they aren't supposed to) then they are just left out to rot like bags of trash. I don't know what I'll do when I'm fully stocked..maybe I can figure out some sort of rescue quarentine and if they get better I can bring them to a good LFS (If I can find one!) for another chance. The fish at all the petstores I've seen are always infested with diseases and parasites...I definately know what you mean when you say you want to save them all :(