Process Of The 55 Gallon Set Up

Tomorrow is the big day! I can't hardly wait, I doubt I'll sleep a wink. Everything is preped and ready, moved the drawers out of the closet, moved the carpet over to fit, moved the 20 and now just waiting! :krazy:

So I'll post the whole process of setting the tank up ect. For now though just pictures of where it's going. Forgive my junk.

IMG_0412.jpg

The poor goldies are like, "Tam! Hello! We're BACKWARDS!" :rofl

IMG_0411.jpg

Now to make up for lack of fish pictures:

Pudge and baby Moor.

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

The Moor has a bit of Ich since Tuesday so they've been at .03% salinity and it's clearing up nicely.

Look who's going calico on me!

IMG_0360.jpg

Can you believe that? Zorro is changing already, she was so pretty as white with the orange accents. She's still pretty though. :heart

very beautiful goldies!!!But I have to say that pudge and zorro are just so breathtaking :heart Good luck in setting up your new tank!I can't wait to see how it turns out :D

:D Hey Tam,Congrats on the 55 gal.! If it was me,I wouldn't be able to sleep either. :lol: Your fish are adorable,and sure will be happy in their new digs! ;)

I'm sorry for so many posts in a row.

IMG_0387.jpg

That's it, Dad isn't home yet but I'm hoping I can convince him into letting me keep it because Mom dip flip out. :( Any suggestions? I'm not giving it up even if it does have to sit in the closet forever. It's not so big, I'm not adding any extra appliances except a filter, which isn't going to cost them anything but maybe a dollar or two more a month in electricity.

*sigh* I can't do anything with it yet untill it passes inspection. (A.K.A. Dad) But oh the dreams...

Huh? I've got a Maxima that can drive two 6 inch bubble walls. I think that's enough bubble power. Still need a filter though, but I'm only going for that if I can indeed keep/set the tank up running.

That was exciting! I liked you keeping the suspense up - and now we can follow you through the set-up - I feel like I am getting a new tank, too! YEAH - 55 g's!!!!

I am sure your parents are going through that shock I have described here before - that now it looks SO big, but in a few weeks, they will be used to it!

Maybe they are afraid they will have to take care of it if you go away! :lol:

In that case, start telling them more about what you know about keeping and explaining what you would do if you did go away for say, a week. That might help.

I hope you get to keep it - GN has his fins crossed for you and I have my fingers crossed! Your babies sure are cute and they desrve that great big tank! I really like the move to calico - I think that's my favorite goldfish color. Lovely! :D

Aw, I'm so sorry! I can't keep it no. My dad came home and near about popped a vein. It's in my closet for now, hopefully I can convince him to let me set it up by December, when my report card comes. Dad's a sucker for good grades and just about swoons when he sees A's and B's. So I'm giving him time to cool off from the shock, I didn't exactly tell him I was getting it, and butter him up when he's in a good mood.

My closet has become my new television. Always checking to make sure it's there, think of the possibilities and so on and so forth. I appologise for the hype, sometimes I work myself up so bad it's hard not to involve others.

But mark my words! This puppy will be set up, even if I have to wait a year, my goldfish have no other option. That 20 gallons is not a good temp home, best I can do is stick super filtration on it, change water like mad and hope for the best. It's a guilty feeling to have bought goldfish and now have no room. I was so sure they wouldn't mind the tank...

OK - here's the plan! You really dutifully and regularly change your water - only when the rents are around. make a BIG production of it and show what a dedicated fish keeper you are. When hey start asking you about this big ordeal you are always going through - take the chance to explain to them all that stuff about filtration, water changes, cramped quarters - Knowledge is power! A drop of water can move a mountain! You be that drop - like chenese water torture! :lol

At least you got the tank - you are trying very hard to the best for them - it will come! :)

Archived