Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rain

Talk About Overcrowding

Guest Rain

When I have a few minutes to enjoy to myself I like to browse around and look at pics of flowers, ponds, FISHIES and other what nots. But while looking at pics of shubunkins I ran into this one. Its petshop but WOW! Even being a store couldn't this much crowding cause "stunting" I've wondered that looking at other petshops, walmarts and what not. How long would fishies have to cramped to become stunted and how would you know if your fishie was stunted? :huh:

forgot to add the url:

http://www.aquarticles.com/images/Fish%20S...0Shubunkins.jpg

Edited by Rain

Now, there is a difference between a pet store being overcrowded and a owner having too many fish in tanks.

The pet stores usually have massive filtration behind those tanks, and the tanks aren't gonna be stocked like that for long. Most pet stores sell those fish in now time. Especially the really good ones in China and HongKong have their tanks literally emptied within hours of opening. :)

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

HOLY $@$# ranchu girl is rite, they usaully run out fast

Guest Rain

I was just wondering; seeing those fishies made me thik about my shubies. I have two shubies in with two fantails (10 gal) I know its overcrowding but the shubies are going into a pond next week. I was hoping that they wouldn't be stunted in that time. :unsure:

Guest Esareh

Oh wow! that second one reminds me of the zoo the other day! It was CROWDED! I think your fishies will be fine for another few days =D

######, poor things have to put up with that :(

ranchugirl is correct, and your shubies will be okay...and will grow if you love them

OMG! Look at all those fish cramped together, especcilly the ones near the top (they look squashed) but Ranchugirl is right.

Guest Rain

Thay's alot of fish to get rid of. I guess fish are a big thing over there, huh? Just out of curiosity I was looking up koi prices - holy tacos!! pricey! Although they were some beauties!! :D