Mr.bubbles & Peaches!

Guest rmatalas

Guest labrat99

I think Mr. Bubbles is a fantail. He has a classic fantail body - ryukins have a rounder, more "scrunched up" midsection. No matter what type he is, he's still quite the handsome fellow. I love his calico pattern and the black patch on top of his head. It reminds me of a patterned koi.

Labrat

Guest rmatalas

When I first bought Mr.Bubbles from mmm I thought he was a fantail too! a couple of weeks later i brought mr.bubbles in along with a sample of my water to mmm because he was sick. The lady there told me I was wrong and that he was actually a ryukin. So i'm all confused now!!

Guest rmatalas
You can wait till he's older then he'll start developing a hump on his back if he is a ryukin.

369830[/snapback]

That could be also because he is fairly young yet.

Guest labrat99
When I first bought Mr.Bubbles from mmm I thought he was a fantail too! a couple of weeks later i brought mr.bubbles in along with a sample of my water to mmm because he was sick. The lady there told me I was wrong and that he was actually a ryukin. So i'm all confused now!!

369828[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong... I'm not knocking Mr. Bubbles! As a matter of fact, I like fantails better than ryukins. Sometimes the extreme hump back on a ryukin can look grotesque to me.

IMHO, he's a fantail, has almost a perfect fantail shape and a very nice calico coloration as well. I would LOVE to own that fish!!

Here's a picture of the only ryukin that I have. His name is Casper:

http://goldfish.elitexfer.com/gallery/view...05&id=P1010009c

P.S. In any case ryukins are just fantails that have been bred for the "scrunched up" body look until it is has been fixed as a type. Think of it as two different types of bulldog. They're very close to the same, just not exactly.

Labrat

That Bulldog comparison is perfect, I know exactly what you are talking about :) I kinda agree about the hump...it does look kinda wierd. But that's what I said about the dorsal-less lionhead (I've had two of those) the huge eyes of telescopes (I've had two of those also, and want to try again) the wen on orandas (never had one, but want one!) and the bubble eyes (never had one, but I don't think they're so weird looking anymore).

Archived