Feeding Fresh Veggies

chico

I am not sure, exactly, how to feed my two oranda fresh vegetables. I do feed them smashed up peas (which were frozen). I did take apart an orange and dropped in little bitty pieces. But, how do you feed them a piece of zucchini? Or broccoli?

I have a veggie clip....and once I blanched a slice of zucchini and stuck it on the clip. The fishies just seemed to suck on it now and then...all they ended up doing was making a little dent in the slice.

I just need a little bit of advice here...not sure what to do! Thanks!!

Regarding peas - make sure you thaw the frozen peas out, so just put it in boiling water or in the microwave for a few seconds. Then pop the two pods out of the shell, and cut the little pods into tiny pieces and pop that in the tank :)

:) Hi! I find that my goldfish seem to like all their veggies semi cooked.I regularly feed them Spinach/Broccolli flower heads/Squash/Peas/Cukecumber's,etc. As for your fish not going crazy about the zuchinni,maybe it wasn't quite soft enough? I tried fresh,blanched,etc. Mine like it soft though,so I cook it almost completely.I clip slices of whatever,or small stalks of Broccolli flower heads on the clip,and they go nuts. The spinach,well,I tried some frozen cut once.When you cook it ,it only takes a moment,and the nice thing about it ,is that it's in little bite size pieces allready.I just rinse ion cold water and float that at the top. Hope this helps somewhat.

Archived