Got Crabs!

tinkerbell

• 1 month later...

tropical crabs? the little brownish guys with one big claw and one little claw (females w/ two little claws)?

i don't see much info on crabs here at koko's, so here's mine :blahblah

fiddler crabs need two things that make them sort of tough to keep in a tropical tank. air and salt. whatever tank you put them in is gonna need as much salt as the fish can safely handle. 1.0 would be ideal, but they can handle less.

more importantly, while they do live in water, they breathe air. they need an easy way to get out of the water. in the back of my goldie aquarium i've got 'netting' for him to climb; and my water level is always half an inch below the full level of the aquarium. his favorite thing to do however, is to climb on top of the filter i've got on there (i've rigged up a little cage w/ chicken wire so he can't go anywhere once up there) and sit and wave his big claw at me; which turns out means he's trying to steal my fianc?. :)

can't wait to see some pics of sid and vince!!

Alright, it's probably not appropriate to mention around younger posters, but I just have to say that when I saw the topic title Got Crabs! I had to giggle. Yeah, I'm pretty immature sometimes.

Congrats on your new pets sweetie. :D I can't wait to see them either.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived