Goldie!

mariocrazy

Goldie is chasing all our fish! It's like bullying and biting. She is like the old Bill only not as bad. She's never done that before.... Why is she doing this and what can I do to stop her?

Please reply soon

Tom

if the fish is biting the fins tom and making holes then there could be a problem with territory. as fish get bigger they need more space and it seems your tank may becoming too small.

some fish as well like the taste of others fins and once that starts you cant really stop the habit.

if it was mating behaviour then it would be a he, and be nudging or pushing the others from their bum to drive them into weeds.

try rearranging the tank around to try to take away its territory, but if that doesnt work and he starts to bite again then you may need to do something more drastic.

how big are the fish?

Hi Sandy

It's not Biting the Fins, It's like Bumbing and biting them from behind. I dont know whether Goldie Is Male of Female. I just call them all she.

All the fish are about 2 inches except bill who is 1 and a half inches.

Mariocrazy

well if hes trying to push them then he is trying to mate. i wouldve said he was too young so maybe he does it more when he is excited such as after feeding?

nothing much you can do with a randy male i'm afraid as you cant get them *fixed*. when he is older you will see spots come up on his gill cover and pectoral fins. Just keep an eye on the fish he is chasing as the other might get stressed with it all over time.

No, the Fish hasent been fed since last night.

But it just come on all of a sudden! :blink:

Mums cleaning the Algea in the tank and they are all eating it and goldie hasn't touched the others!!

Just seems to be normal again now....

I will keep watching and posting. I hope they are OK cos they have all been great freinds since we got them!

Guest yabbie

I've got a fantail with a common, a comet and a shibunkin, he's the biggest bully... and possibly the only male. It's as if he's making up for being fat and slow by being the pushiest... he's usually the only one missing scales or looking a bit rough... the other's just dodge him. So much for fancy fish being disadvantaged. :yeah:

Archived