Meds Making Water Cloudy!

Guest Code4Fish

Guest Code4Fish

I am treating one of my fish in a hospital tank and the water is so cloudy that i can barly see him is this okay???!!

Maracyn and Maracyn-2 is what i am treating with...

Thanx for your help

Those meds will make your water cloudy. Follow the instructions and do a water change at the end of the treatment. Also, AT THE END of the treatment, you could add some carbon (charcoal) to your filter to remove the remaining cloudiness.

Guest Code4Fish

I did the water change yesterday so i can start the second sets of meds right??

I am changing one of the meds to a different med is that okay?

Guest Code4Fish

I am switching to Maroxyn for fungus cuz his fungus on his tail isnt getting any better so i dont know what to do??????? :idont

You could try lifting him just above the water's surface and swabbing the patches of fluff with a q-tip dipped in hydrogen peroxide. Careful not to get it near his gills, but not much chance of that since you are swabbing his tail. Use 3% hp solution.

I have found this to work. The area is a little white for a few days, but I have had good luck with this treatment.

Guest Code4Fish

Okay cool, how do i get 3% hp solution right?

Also how often do i treat him or do i do it just once??

Thanx for your help BTW

You buy the 3% solution in a bottle at a drug store or some of the larger grocery stores, also places like nooppee. It is used for cleaning wounds. It will say on the bottle Hydrogen Peroxide 3%. Don't buy a stronger solution since that is used to bleach hair.

Just dip a q-tip in the hydrogen peroxide, and swab this on the white spots. It will fizz up when you do it. Just wipe the area well, and don't get it near the gills or mouth.

I would only do it once and then wait a few days and see how it looks. It may look a bit white in the area for 2-3 days.

Guest Code4Fish

Okay I think I get it now so I swab it with 3% then I wipe it off and then it will be white for a few days then if it is not better then I will come back to you so be ready for me, Thanx for your help

:thanks

Guest Code4Fish

Okay so I tried the Hydrogen Peroxide 3% and not only did it not work but his fungus is getting worse there are three patches now and one of the patches is on the side of his tail fin and the fin is tearing where the fungus is at so do I try to treat all the spots with Hydrogen Peroxide 3% or do I try something different and if so what else should I try??? :idont

Do you have any medication in your water now?

If not, you could try a medication called Fungus Eliminator (crystals). There is also a product called Fungus Clear (tablets). These are both made by Jungle and are readily available. Either one is good. The only difference is that Fungus Eliminator contains sodium chloride (salt).

This product treats both true fungus and bacterial infections (which can look like fungus).

Please keep me posted.

Guest Code4Fish

I am trying Maroxyn to see if that will work I am using it with Maracyn 2 incase of secondary infection I will let you know if this doesnt work then I will move on to the next meds..I have 3 days left on these meds...thanx for your help I will keep you posted

Archived