Fafner Has A New Lair!

Graham

Well, Fafner took his name a little too seriously and after a week of terrorizing the frogs as if they were a peasant meal - he got moved to a temporary tank. It had not light and no filter and although a Betta can live that way, I can't! So, he got his own 3 gallon Eclipse, which got here today! Here's his new digs - He :heart it!

(He also got a Japanese theme since he is now in the living room).

DSCF1109.jpg

Go Fafner!!! I think it's great that you got him his own tank.My Betta's tolerated the frogs,but they were never really happy until I put them in by theirselves.I think his tank looks awesome!

Thanks! The plant is plastic bamboo - and, of course one of my signature Marimo balls! Fafner is VERY happy! He is a healthy fish and beautiful! He never hurt the frogs but he was so intensely curious about them that they were miserable - they were hiding under their rock all the time and started to not even come out for food becuase they felt so persecuted! They were really unhappy with him and I felt that was a poor quality of life for them. (Fafner is a character form an opera - he is a dragon! hence the joke) - He is very regal and pampered and seemed to ecpect his own tank all along! What a fish! He came from Arizona Aquatic Gardens and he is ten months old. He is busy building his new bubble nest! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alexis421

Great looking fish, Graham!! :D I also got a new betta(turquoise and red) and he's in my 3 gal eclipse like Fafner! I love your plants...and it's plastic? What is the brand? if you don't mind me asking. I have a plastic plant in the tank as well, but he really doesn't care very much for it.

Oh, btw, did you cycle his tank? I have so many conflicting advices about not cycling my 3 gal coz it's too small and unstable for cycling and to just do 100% water change. Just wondering what you did with yours and what you are doing now to keep the water stable. Thanks!!

Oh, btw, did you cycle his tank? I have so many conflicting advices about not cycling my 3 gal coz it's too small and unstable for cycling and to just do 100% water change. Just wondering what you did with yours and what you are doing now to keep the water stable. Thanks!!

383014[/snapback]

I cycled my 3 for my Dwarf puffer. its especially do-able with the bio-wheel. and I do 50% water changes weekly on it, because DP's are MESSY little buggers!

Archived