Pictures Of Fish, Pond, Filter

Scott

Here are the pictures of my fish, pond, and filter.

Click on the image for a larger picture.

First the fish. Sorry the pictures aren't great. I wanted to get some good ones of my doitsu sanke and my gin rin goshiki. You can almost see the goshiki in the second picture on the left hand side. The Sanke is in all three pictures, upper right on 1st, almost visible on bottom 2nd (under blue whom looks white in these pictures LOL), and very top fish in the 3rd.

2005koism.jpg

2005koi2sm.jpg

2005koi3sm.jpg

pond

2005pondsm.jpg

Here is what we are building over the pond. It's only half done and will cover the whole pond. I am going to hang shade clothe under it to shade most of the pond. I'm also thinking about buying some mosquito screen and maybe closeing it in during the spring when the stupid locust tree thows out it's seeds.

filter

2005filtersm.jpg

Here is my messy pump house with the pump to the left and obviously the filter. I need to organize! I haven't had time though I work far too much. Now where will I fit a pre-filter? LOL

Scott

:rolleyes: Uhhh Scott....Move the darn ladder!!!! :lol: JK of course!!!! I have always adored your pond,and I love what you're doing to it now.I think it looks great! Your fish are always beautiful to look at--- More Pics!!!! :yeah:

Wow, Scott, your fish and new pond construction looks wonderful! :heart

What a total difference to last year's koi troubles!

That all white doitsu? in picture #2, is that a female?

I love pic #3, all those colors. Especially the shusui that attacks from the left! :rofl

Thanks everyone, I am way proud of it (even though I've made far too many mistakes).

Andrea that white fish is blue, thus her name is blue. She is an awesome fish. I think that she is a matsukawa but she hasn't really changed much? This picture here is when I first got her four years ago. I can't remember how big she was, maybe 7 or 8 inches? She is about 20inches now and fat fat fat! They haven't spawned this year and I am thinking it's because of all the problems of last year? I don't know.

Anyhow, here is one of blues baby pictures ;)

scottkoi10.jpg

Picture #3 is good, amazingly. It is difficult to get a good picture because the pond is in full sun all day and that glare ruins every picture almost. I can hardly wait to get the shade cloth up!

Sorry about the ladder. It's been there for so long that it seems permanent. I don't even notice it anymore lol

Scott

yes, she has a nice straight light blue racing stripe down her back. Now that she's older she has a few more black specks in there, I need to get an updated picture but she still has the light baby blue color.

Scott

Guest fancy_fish_lover

great photos scott! your pond looks great!

can't wait to see photos when the pergola is finished.

Lu

Click on the pictures to see a larger one.

2005koi4sm.jpg

Maggie getting something to eat. Next to Maggie is Doitsu Yamubaki Ogon next to (and below) that one is my Gin Rin Goshiki. I have been trying to get some good pictures of that fish but for some reason can't. Everything has a glare from the sun on the water.

2005koi5sm.jpg

Blue coming up for something to eat. I thought this was a funny picture it almost looks like she is trying to come out of the water. That is Maggie just below her at the bottom of the picture.

2005koi6sm.jpg

I posted this picture because you can kind of see the pale blue on Blues back. I can't figure out why her color doesn't show up in pictures? Maybe when I get the pegoda finished and hang the shade cloth I'll be able to get some better pictures without the suns interference.

2005koi7sm.jpg

See the Kohoku coming up for something to eat almost in the middle of the picture, but to the left? Just right of her is one of Blues babies from last year getting some food. If you look close you can see it, the underside of this fish is white while the rest of the fish is black with little pale blue spots. It's doitsu, maybe it's a Kumonryu? I am sure that the father was the Sushui that you can in the bottom right corner of the first picture.

Most of my fish do not have names. I was told that those were the ones that would go first if I named them. Blue was the first fish named ~ when I got her 4 yeras ago. I've had Maggie for three years and my mother calls her that for some reason? I have another one that I call the 'pond monster', it's ugly and looks like a monster LOL You can see it in the first picture next to the sushi. Here's a close up of that picture.

pondmonster.jpg

yeblubfk3.jpg

The pond monster when it was a fry, 3 - 4 inches long. It's now over a foot long, probably 18 inches. I guess all babies are cute LOL

Scott

I have one goldfish in the house it's a pond comet. I really should put it outside in the pond I am sure it'd enjoy it better out there! Maybe I'll do that today. I've been meaning to do it just hadn't had the time because I wanted to make sure I was near the pond all day to watch him to make sure he was okay with everything.

Scott

That "pond monster" is really interesting! It looks transparent, with some goldish coloring. What color is it in real life?

That picture is really a good representation of it's coloring. It's gold and black with a lighter gold going to white belly. This fish has a lot of charactor, I've thought about giving him away but it can't help the way it looks plus I honestly don't think my pond would be the same without it :) .

Here is another picture, it's metallic so the the sun glares off it. I really haven't figured out what kind of koi it is? I thought it was a beni Kikokuryu but now I don't think it is.

2005koi12sm.jpg

Tam I love Blue as well. I bought her from a koi dealer in Salt Lake. I went there thinking I was going to look at some Asagi and Shusui. When I got there the lady said that she really didn't have any blue koi, no asagi and no shusui (obviously she just wanted to sale me anything LOL). She then said she did have this fish, she got Blue out of her spawning pond. I loved her the second I saw her! BUT the lady wanted way too much (WAYYY TOOOO MUCH!). I talked her down by about 100 then thought better of getting Blue, I still felt it was too high. I told the lady no and left. I got out to the street and just couldn't leave without Blue, so here she is. I'm in hopes of having the pergola finished by tuesday.

Luv, if you were to see the rest of my backyard you wouldn't want to stay back there for long. On the other side of the patio (from the pond) the grass is spars. The dogs have killed most of it and when the wind blows there is dust everywhere. I had been planning on doing something about it this year but the pond again took presidence. Hopfully I can get something done before fall. Thanks for the nice words about the pond :) .

2005koi13sm.jpg

Scott

took some updated pictures of the pergola;

2005pergola1sm.jpg

(no ladder :D )

2005pergola2sm.jpg

Here's a picture of my banana tree, it's a musa basjoo and is supposed to grow in Idaho. It'll get up to 18 feet tall and the fronds are suppose to get to 10 foot long! Banana trees do not get banana's on them until they are mature, which would mean full size from what I understand? This tree should be at full size in two years at 18 feet! These trees are said to be able to withstand negative 20 degrees! I am also thinking about trying out some palm trees that withstand below zero temps.

2005bananatreesm.jpg

Now you'll see some of the rest of my yard. It's horrific but I wanted to show that my yard really isn't in great shape. Hopefully this is going to change.

2005pergola3sm.jpg

I am in hopes that this next week I'll be able to get some patio brick layed where all that dirt is. There is a landscape company here that is going to do it (I hope) for way cheap or at cost. I am crossing my fingers.

you see the patio umbrella that is up? The rest of the pergola is going to extend out where that umbrella is and almost up to the pump house. I'm half way there. It's going to be so cool when it's done.

And last but not least I cleaned out the pump house!

2005filter2sm.jpg

Scott

Flex pipe and unions. My favorite way to plumb!!

Those gate valves cool too.

One trick I learned with unions is to plumb them so that the male and female sides are opposite each other on a pipe that has one at each end. That way if the pipe needs replaced at some time you only have to buy one union to hook up again to the two existing unions.

Ha! You only think thats a nightmare Scott! :rofl

You should have to contend with my wild weeds and living on the edge of town and trying to landscape. No lawn to mow, we mow the weeds...

Now when those guy's get done with your patio, they are to come do mine! :rofl

I'll settle for the way cheap! :)

A brick patio should look so nice though! I like the pergola, its looking very nice! :)

Archived