3 Commons, 2 Telescopes, And 1 Oranda In A 20gal!

Guest d1greenfish

Guest d1greenfish

Well my sister bought a 20gal tank off of ebay, and the guy lived down the street from her. She didn't want to pick up tank by herself so i went with her. when we get there to pick up the tank he asked if we wanted to purchase any fish to go with it. So we said we'd take a look. He took us downstairs to where he had a 20gal tall tank stocked with 2x5inch commons, a 2 inch common, a 4 inch red capped oranda, and 2x4 1/2 inch calico telescopes. My sister said she wanted the oranda and he said he'd sell us all the fish for $10. So in short i took them all home and now have 'em all spread out in 2 50gal. rubbermade tubs with a little bit of salt. Luckily i just bought the tubs and filters yesterday cuz i was gonna use them to grow out some commons and shubunkins for when i can get my pond set up. So it was easy to take off a few of my seasoned filters from some of my other tanks (most my tanks have 2-3 anyways) and use them for the rubbermade tubs. So i guess i got some new fish for my pond before i expected to.

SOME new fish! You made out like a bandit! Even though you paid a nominal fee, it sounds like it was more like a rescue! Lucky fish that you went to buy the tank - little do they know they are getting a pond!!! Please tell us more and send some pictures!

How do the fish look? Are they in good shape? Yeah! :newfish

Guest d1greenfish

lol, yeah i hope they'll be happier in their new home! Well 2 of the commons are the usual orange/gold color, with the other being a copper tone. The red capped oranda is..well...white w/ a red wen lol =P. and the telescopes are both and impressive mix of colors with very minimal white. the only problems that i can see are that the fancy GF are suffering from a bit of fin rot, so i'm hoping i can fix that with water changes and a bit of salt. The only other thing is that i hope the fish arn't stunted, but time will tell on that one. I'll post some pics when i actually get around to getting my digital camera back from my folks. All in all, i'm glad i went with my sister to get that tank. If i didn't i wouldn't of gotten the fish (oh.. that and that nothing horrible happend to her while going to a strangers house at night ^.^)

wow that was overstocked!, well im glad you had the heart to take them home with you and give them some space :) get some pics plz!!

Guest d1greenfish

Well, to be honest i didn't really want the commons, but i couldn't leave 'em in that tank! I wanted to get the more flashy comets and shubunkins for my pond, but there'll be room enough for all. Besides knowing me, the more mundane fish will prolly end up being my favorites lol. and i will try to get pics, if i can't get my digital camera back from my folks i'll just use my phone to take 'em ( but the resolution on my phone is pretty poor).

Archived