Bought 21 Gallon And Returning It If Possible..

Tanks ALWAYS look huge at first; you're just not used to it. Give it a week and then think about it. Your fishies are going to love having their space, and you won't be overstocked anymore :)

Lol...you should have seen the look on my face when i got my 29 gallon! I really don't regret it tho.

I thought my 110 was big, now i'm like "hrmm maybe i coulda gone the 6 footer!"

but 20g isn't big! I've never had a tank that small! You'll get used to it and your fish will love you for it :)

Noooo! Don't take it back, it just looks big, trust me. I got my 20 gallon like 3 months ago and thought it was HUGE, but now I'm getting a 55!

Your goldies will be so much happier in a larger tank.

I had a 10 gallon for a while, then got a 20 gallon and thought the same thing as you. But my fish were happier with having more room.

Now I have a 33 gallon and that's huge to me as well.

Just make a visit to someone's place that has a 75+ gallon tank and then you'll think your 20 gallon is TINY in comparison

You should keep it! I started out with a 5, then a 10, then 20, 30, and now a 55. I'm think that is small, and I need a bigger one. It's funny how once you get use to the size, it doesn't seem so big. It's all most like the tank shrinks! :rofl

Lol...I hope we're all convincing you! Yes, the levels in a 20 gallon are much more stable than in a smaller tank. That's why its recomended that beginers start with a bigger tank :) It won't be as much work as it seems!

Ha! I went from a 5 gallon right to a 60 gallon. I thought I would have a heart attack when I got in my house! Talk about HUGE! But I definatly agree with everyone else, your fish will love you for it. I've definatly noticed they are happier in their 60 and a LOT more healthy! I hope you keep it! :heart

nope, but i can find it on the net, nah guys it is massive, and its on my desk in my bedroom and it takes up half my desk its ridiculous, i just hope they let me return, yes it is beautiful but ridiculous

Yeah, If I can, Im going to go back today and return it, and say sorrrry :( I do think it is stunning with the live plants and gorgous white gravel i bought it looks stunning, however, it takes up half of my working space, and in my bedroom it looks very outer place. I asked the manager had maidenhead aquatics how many fish I could keep in my 21gal..and he said 6 or 7 goldfish, :o I said, but I heard you have to keep one goldfish per 10USgalls? He said, no way, I really dont think so.

I asked the manager had maidenhead aquatics how many fish  I could keep in my 21gal..and he said 6 or 7 goldfish, :o I said, but I heard you have to keep one goldfish per 10USgalls? He said, no way, I really dont think so.

368976[/snapback]

Classic petstore employee answer. A lot of the times the employees and managers do know a lot about fish, but goldfish are really misunderstood with all the misconceptions thrown around like facts.

It would have been great if you could keep it.I moved from a 10 gall to a 55 galloen.I thought it was HUGE.I still do though ^_^I remember when I first put my fish in there.I did it 1 at a time.^_^'

My gf love it-I think atleast

Guest Abrienna

I've gotta' ask at my LFS how many gallons they "recommend" per fish. I think in fact that it might even make for an intersting poll....hummmmm

Abrienna

Ive packed up the tank and its going back to the shop..ill be sad to see it go, but i guess thats something i can look forward to when im grown up and hopefully have a place of my own :)

So you are taking the monster back eh?......

What are your fish gonna live in now? Too bad you coulden't keep it :( Someday you will have a big one again.....

Abrienna: The rule is 10gal per fish.... No need to ask the LFS that ?, I did and I got a bad answer.....They said 3 fancies would do fine in a 10Gal....That is a no-no.....What size tank do you have now? :idont

Guest Abrienna
Abrienna: The rule is 10gal per fish.... No need to ask the LFS that ?, I did and I got a bad answer.....They said 3 fancies would do fine in a 10Gal....That is a no-no.....What size tank do you have now?

Della, I didn't mean that I was looking to my LFS for advice. My two fantails share a 20 high. I just meant that it might be interesting to see what LFS are recommending as the appropriate number of gallons per goldfish.

Abrienna

Archived