Newlapalooza!

Guest labrat99

Guest labrat99

Hi Ya'll,

I bought FIVE new tanks today from a local cichlid keeper who is cutting back. Isn't it funny how this hobby goes through cycles? I asked him why he was selling - he had a VERY nice fish room set up in his garage and his reply was that it had "become too much like work" to properly take care of his fish. What a shame, but that is exactly why I left the hobby once before. I'm trying to reenter it in such a way that is doesn't get that way for me again.

I bought four 55gal tanks and one 75. When we were leaving the guy's neighborhood, we ended up in traffic behind an SUV with a giant birdcage strapped to the roof. Since we were hauling five big aquariums in the back, I told my son that it looked like a pet store was being moved. :)

After we got the tanks unloaded, I headed to vvvv to check out the fish. I got a little nuts and came home with SEVEN new goldfish. Two Moors, one bronze fantail ( got him cause I thought his coloring was unusual), one blue oranda, and three calicos that they were calling ryukins, but that I would consider to be fantails.

Anyway, I was excited about the new fish and the new tanks so I wanted to share it with ya'll. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Good luck and take care,

Labrat

Guest labrat99
Wow...Labrat you already have so many goldfish! You didn't have a black moor tho :)

368712[/snapback]

As long as I've been keeping goldfish, I've never owned a Moor before. Telescopes aren't really a favorite of mine but we set up a community goldfish tank at work a while back and each person bought two fish for it. Anyway, somebody put a Moor in and as we watched them all grow, I decided that the Moor added a nice contrast and that I'd like to raise one when I had the space available. So, I'm off on a new adventure.

With seven new fish to name, the pressure is really on! I'd better get busy! :D

Labrat

wow..that sounds like one heck of a deal :rolleyes: and I thought I was doing something with two 29 gallon tanks...lol....good luck with the new fish and tanks

woohoo! congratulations on your new tanks...JESUS! :yikes five of them!! dont mind me asking but how much werre they all together ?

oo seven new goldies ehh! cool i cant wait for pics!

:)

No kidding WOW! That's great. If I came home with 5 tanks that size I don't think I'd have room for anyhitng else! I would love to have a room dedicated to just tanks and fishies. :( Don't have the space or $. COngrats to you!

Guest Abrienna

WOW!!! What luck! What are your plans for all of the new tanks? I'd do each one with a different theme and color scheme. How much fun!!

The pictures of your new fishies are great! In picture one, the bottom fish looks like it has the ryukin "hump," so I think it's a good chance that one's a ryukin. They're all so cute, though, so it probably doesn't matter. Now I wanna' run out and pick up a calico fantail!!! SIGH...I need a bigger tank...do you have one you could spare! :D hehehehe

Archived