Adding Cycle Or Stress Zyme To Water Changes

chico

I have a 3 1/2 week old 10 gallon tank. It has cycled (yeah). I am curious, is it still beneficial to add Cycle or Stress Zyme to the tank with each water change? Or is there some other product you would recommend? Or none at all?

Thanks again for your advice!

Unless you only use aged water, you're going to have to add some type of water treatment to your replacement water. IMO I would suggest Prime. It is super concentrated (so it lasts through so many water changes) & it also helps to detoxify your water in case of an ammonia or nitrite spike.

Hope this helps! :D Jenn

edit - I wouldn't worry about adding cycle or stress zyme unless something happens to the cycle again in the future & you need to jump start it. The biobugs in your now established tank should take care of all of the waste but what you have to remove with vac & water changes :D

I do currently use Prime with every water change. Thanks for the advice. I have a bit of Cycle and Stress Zyme left...I'll save it for emergencies. Right now my parameters are looking great, although one of the fish is having poop issues (another post).

Thanks again! :)

Archived