Geting Pale

Lozbug

my goldfish 'Terry' seem to be loosing his gold-ness, i can't get a close look as it is a big pond, and they are to darn quick for my net, but he looks as if he's going grey! i dosrnt look fungus-ish? any thoughts?

sorry my bad...

Ammonia Level 0

Nitrite Level? 0

Nitrate level? 0 to 10

Ph Level? 8.5

Ph Level out of the Tap? 6.9

Tank size(How many Gals) and How long has it been running? Pond, 4000 gals , since march 2005

What kind of Filtration? fishmate , uv

How often do you change the water and how much? vac about once month, about 200 gals last time - hard to tell with pond!

What kind of Water additives or conditioners? none

Any Medications add to the tank? none

How many fish in the tank and there size? listed in sig vary from 1" to 9"

Add any new fish to the tank? no

What do you feed your fish? pellets, falkes, koi sticks

Any unusual findings on the fish? no

Any unusual behavior? no

i think it could be just colour change, i just have never known fish to go gold to white- on the body at least, thought it was only fins. He is only a young fish year to two year old.

i do realise the pond will prob be tipping stocking level now, as i have fry too, but new pond plans are underway. :)

Fish keeping is addictive =)

As for your fish, I would keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't start exhibiting other symtoms but since fish do change color, I wouldn't want to immediately say something is wrong..though, you're right..I have never seen them turn white! =) The only thing that stuck out to me is the high ph...has the ph always been that high? If so, then the fish are probably used it by now and that is probably not the culprit but if you suddenly jumped, I can see that being a problem. Also, has your temp been fairly stable? If your area, like mine, has been experiencing extreme heat waves, then the problem may be that the water temp is increasing a bit too much and stressing him out some.

ph is pretty stable. the temp, good call - it has been up and dwon some days it was up at like 28C then back to 20C british weather *rolls eyes*

I just got an air pump for the pond, it's gonna be put in this weekend hopefully, so at least tere will be extra air :)

Thanks, FF7 :)

Archived